Custom Hawkman Costume

WilliamTell

Hey folks! Long time cosplayer, also longtime lurker, I'm posting finally trying to enjoy this fantastic community a bit more, and interact a bit as well! I've used this wonderful forum MANY times, to get custom pieces made, from an amazing star-lord helmet, to an equally fantastic Dr Fate. This time I'm working on assembling a suit of Hawkman Armor, differing from the basic leather harness strap you see in most comics. This was made for me by the ASTOUNDINGLY talented Sharp Mountain Leather.

HawkmanComplete.jpg

Absolutely love it! That said I'm looking to weather it a bit, make it look a little less brand new, and it is leather, coloured gold of course, and I just want it to look a little less off the shelf.

I did all the finishing work, from sanding/filling/painting and finishing on a Star-Lord helmet, so I'm not completely inept haha but I'd really rather ask the experts here for their advice before I do anything stupid!

Also, yes, the wings are not attached yet, the armor features a custom back panel onto which I will attach them, and I'm using a shape based off of the Wings of Redemption Spawn toy of all things, as I just fell in love with that shape/design!
HawkmanWings.jpg

I definately want to see your approach to the wings your armor approach is exactly what I as thinking about doing the costume based on a custom action figure I saw but couldn't figure out a comfortable way to do the wings I'm thinking just being static without the moving wings I see

Definitely static wings. Flapping ones are cool, but it's just there are so many things that CAN go wrong in the mechanics of it I'd much rather just make them motionless haha

Yes actually! once again from this fantastic forum, I've commissioned the incredibly talented KJC Props and Costumes to do his interpretation. Should be amazing! I would love to ask though, if anyone could suggest techniques for aging the leather armor a bit? I mean it looks fantastic but just a bit of weathering to age it up you know?

On you tube there is a guy calls himself nuclear snail has a great video for weathering a leather jacket I'm pretty sure this would apply to your situation he does a great job explaining each step pretty easy looking

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back