Custom fetts?

Thank you for the information

TK648

Originally posted by Lighthammer72@Mar 6 2006, 04:21 PM
Ok, here's what he said.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Hook")
Hammer, I used a red from the Wal-Mart automotive department.  It does have a fine metallic fleck to it, but it is much richer than standard paints; it does cost a bit more though.  Same with the gun metal gray, also from automotive.  Both the paints look great sprayed over a silver undercoat, using toothpaste to create a chipped paint affect.

I was not happy with the gloss on the gray, since as a sniper I need to keep a low IR profile.  To remedy this I took 400 grit sandpaper and gently took off the shine; it looks much better now.

I am experimenting with several mediums (black shoe polish repair, various paints, and stencil paint) to create a similar look that you got with the burned motor oil.  So far the stencil paint creates ther best simulated carbon buildup affect, but i have yet to determine how it will stick to the paint.  I will post when I figure this one out.
[snapback]1200076[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

There are some very nice customs in this thread. Here's a bit of one I did about three years ago. I got as far as the helmet, chest armor, and shoulder/collars before I burned out and sold it. I still regret it.

Originally posted by shmeagol@Mar 7 2006, 04:45 AM
There are some very nice customs in this thread. Here's a bit of one I did about three years ago. I got as far as the helmet, chest armor, and shoulder/collars before I burned out and sold it. I still regret it.
[snapback]1200465[/snapback]​

That bucket rocks man. Did you end up selling it too. Super weathering man. LMK is you still have it, i'd be interested in it.

Here are some pics of a white one I just completed...

lofty01.jpg

lofty02.jpg

lofty03.jpg

lofty04.jpg

lofty05.jpg

It just needs a couple of decals installed, then it will be done.

This was my previous set up...

wc01.jpg

wc02.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back