creature from the black lagoon fossilized creature hand

MrGzilla

ok, so the creature from the black lagoon is one of my top 3 favorite movies and ive always wanted some props from the movie but have never been able to find anything untill about a month ago when i found a creature mask that was an afordable price for me so ive been waiting for that to arive but a few weeks ago i was talking to my girlfriend about findinf the fossil hand to go with it, but after hours online searching for one all i got was a few pics of some ohter people had made but nothing for sale. everyone knows last weekend was dragoncon, and at the arsenal models booth (i know that theyve been known for recasting and not manny people like them) imagine how excited i got when i saw that they had a creature hand?! there was no way that i was giving up the oppertunity of getting one so here it is as i got it:
317662_269932703031250_100000435685847_1046413_1670175131_n.jpg

and as good as the sculpt was, the paint job was lacking.. so i did a blackwash and tuched up a few places and am really happy with it and its now one of my favorite props. here it is partially done:
316859_269011853123335_100000435685847_1043003_712996242_n.jpg

and here it is finished with some cool lighting:

301175_269933343031186_100000435685847_1046417_2044490605_n.jpg

hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:
Very cool! I've always loved that movie as well. (You can't go wrong with any of the old Universal Studios monster movies to me.) Great job on the paint job too. Huge improvement! :thumbsup

yeah, all the universal horror movies were amaing, but my favorite was always the creature, so this is almost a dream prop for me :)
thanks for the compliments!

I've had mine for years, and just haven't taken the time to paint it up. Halloween season seems a perfect time to do it though, since there are monsters in the air.

I've had mine for years, and just haven't taken the time to paint it up. Halloween season seems a perfect time to do it though, since there are monsters in the air.

is yours the same sculpt? ive only seen one sculpt that was done by someone here a few years ago. ive never even seen another arsinal models version.

I hope yours is reasonably priced. The kit thats been out for years is about $30 or so on ebay. Anything exorbanately higher than that, and they'll just be languishing in a warehouse somewhere.

If its well priced, I'll pick up an official one and put my current one into storage.

Officially Licensed Fossil Creature Hand Coming in 2012

Brand new sculpt, not a recast. This will be a numbered limited edition of the highest quality with a stunning sculpt that has been painstakingly researched using the best surviving reference material.

You can see a sneak preview here: Factory Entertainment - Retail and Consumer Merchandise - Concord, CA | Facebook

Even if you are a "Official Licensee" it's not very nice to use someone else's thread to boast about your own wares.
It's in fact frowned upon on this forum.

Even if you are a "Official Licensee" it's not very nice to use someone else's thread to boast about your own wares.
It's in fact frowned upon on this forum.

Agreed, please start your own thread.
MrGzilla, that looks great! :thumbsup

Officially Licensed Fossil Creature Hand Coming in 2012

Brand new sculpt, not a recast. This will be a numbered limited edition of the highest quality with a stunning sculpt that has been painstakingly researched using the best surviving reference material.

You can see a sneak preview here: Factory Entertainment - Retail and Consumer Merchandise - Concord, CA | Facebook

that looks awesome and everything, but definitley start another thread! :behave

id love to see more about it though, and if its say, under $100 then illid love to get it..
haha i guess i could thank you for bumping my thread though!

Looks great! I won one of those on ebay a few years ago but it seemed slightly smaller compared to the one in the film so I made some changes inspired by one done by another member on the RPF. Love what you did for your head display! Great job.

Ok, so for anyone who has arrived late to the party, let's recap the thread so far...

-Dude posts a picture of an OBVIOUS recast of the Grey Zon Creature hand. (He got it from Arsenal models...and if you are familiar with Arsenal's SOP or the GZ replica, this is CLEARLY a re-pop...'nuf said.)

-Folks reply: "That rocks!" Because recasting (or buying a recast item) is only condemned when it is something that you DON'T want...

-Official licensee pops in to say that they will be coming out with one. They are clearly quite proud of their achievement. Their tone is civil; no threats, no condemnation...

-RPF denizens attack said licensee for bad posting etiquette, while continuing to praise the recast. (the irony is getting deeper every minute...I can't wait to see how it ends...)

-Another dude says that if the licensed replicas don't retail for $30, their entire inventory will just sit in a warehouse unsold (That was the cherry on-top. Brilliant! The increasing suspense is killing me... I love it!)

-SD comes in and bashes selected comments for being patently stupid, somewhat hypocritical, and generally :confused :confused :confused

Mods lock the thread in:

:lol

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back