costume under-construction

As much forum digging I've done, I can't believe I missed this one. Awesome job, hands down. I think my favorite aspect of your suit was adding the small lamp post / lamp base as the base for your plasma cannon - so effective but so simple.

I wanted to ask you though
1) how did you get your armor to bind together, The chest armor, the layer that runs straight down your chest, looks like it's connected by wire? I think see some spaces between each little piece which I think really adds a layer effect. I thoguht I had read you used plastidip? (spelling?) I think i've read that most people paint dreads with it because other paints tend to chip off and plastidip tends to hold real well and give it that black dread look.

2) When I start my predator costume, I think I'm going to start with the wrist pieces, I saw that you used a template for the actual blades....but the template is like, half cut off, or scaled to size, is it possible to get this template from you?

3) I'm not really smart on this aspect, but do you have any recommendations for using LED lights inside the wrist armor? I think I could shape out some foam into the predator count down self explosion--that would be awesome to have on the costume, but I'm just not sure exactly how to hook/use the LED and incorporate it into the wrist armor.

Grade A costume, definately makes me inspired

Thanks everybody for the awesome comments!!!!!

My answer
1)To bind the armor I used a riveter and nylon ropes to keep them in tack...The piece that covers my stomach is connected by a velcro strap all my armor is covered with plastidip clear just to protect the paint and keep my armor in tack..

2)here is the link just print the two part then paste them:
blades.jpg

3)I have extra led light that i used for my gaunlet if you want I can sell them to you for cheap just name your price... :) let me know if your interested!!!

If you have any other questions just pm me...

sweet pics man, i wish there where some more con's more locally to me up here in the north.

p.s. Is that Gorgot in that prime costume? i swear thats his

sweet pics man, i wish there where some more con's more locally to me up here in the north.

p.s. Is that Gorgot in that prime costume? i swear thats his

lol Yes it's me in Prime costume :lol:

and one time again Chris ! great work on your costume !

Gorgot3000

Halloween is coming so I decided to put my pred costume on display..because I'm doing the Ironman..Here's some pics of the Den window.
Special thanks to my wife for buying me a manniquine, finally my pred comes to life....

039-39.jpg

040-40.jpg

trick or treat

mumbaki

This suit is amazing, plain and simple. I'm gonna start on a budget suit too soon and I just hope it turns out half as good as yours. I'm gonna try and make most of my stuff out of pringle cans, foamies, and carboard. You made me know that even if its made out of cheap material it can still look good.

Wow, the day I come back to check on stuff and whats happening then I see my thread on top...I have been busy with work and family...and now its calming down..its time to start a new project which is gonna be more cost effective and more of the regular house hold stuff...I also apologize to the people who pm'ed me didn't have the time to answer back...now I'm back to rock and roll!!!!
98506272QDyLEAvN2469857428_a20d3efa.jpg

I can't get over how amazing your suit turned out. This is the first time I've seen this thread and I'm so glad I came across it! It's always such a treat to see someone build a costume themselves rather than just pull out the ol' credit card.

VERY talented! Kudos to you!!!

Welcome back Mumbaki! This is truly one of the best budget built suits on this forum. Anyone can learn something from this build.

Wow!

What a profit you made on that one! You builded it with materials worth about 360 dollars and won 500 by going to a competition with it. Absolutley fantastic. Perhaps you will win a thousand bucks if you build a new suit with the 500 dollars you won;):D

dude mumbaki.... I noticed you have a philippine flag? are you a filipino?... :)

you got a nice suit dude! kudos! will be checking your thread more often!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back