Unlimited Run Cosmo Dragoon (3D Printed Kit)

rgriesbeck

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update - I've switched over to a google order form to make it easier to order my kits. Simply click the link, fill out the form and send the PP. All information needed is available in the form:

theRPF Order Form for rgriesbeck

Update - I just invested in a new 3D printer. It's faster, larger and higher resolution than my older one. Because of this, I am able to print a kit faster and will pass the saving onto you. Most of my existing kits will drop to a new, lower prince of - $100.00 (+ accessories). While I wait for more white filament, kits may come in red of yellow, not that it really matters after a coat of paint...

Pics from the new printer:

IMG_20161023_155403.jpgIMG_20161023_155349.jpg

The other stuff I make:

IMG_20161023_155109.jpg

Update - 11/2/15

It's now available for sale. It's Captain Harlock's Cosmo Dragoon. Modeled very accurately and printed full size (46cm). With a working trigger, rotating cylinder and removable "bullets".

As with all 3d printed kits, you will need to do some sanding, gluing and assembly. This should be an easy kit to build, it's very straight forward to assemble, and it's only 2 colors. The grips are assembled separately if you wanted to try real wood, or whatever, it'd be easy to do.

The more time you spend sanding and prepping, the better it'll look. You will need some sandpaper (120-280), some superglue and some seam filler like bondo or apoxie sculpt. Then some simple primer and rattle can black should do it.

I will clean off the big support pieces, but there will be some small cleanup needed with an Xacto knife and/or small chisel

Last edited:
Re: 3D Printed Kit - Cosmo Dragoon

I'm totally in. I'll pm you so that I can get you details. Look forward to this.

C'mon guys, this project is great for hard core Anime fans!!
Leiji Matsumoto ROCKS!!!!

Regards,

Alberto

Hello rgriebeck

I think I'm going to be in but given some expenses I might have to be towards the end of the run. One question thought how big are you planning to make the pistol?? I have seen them in anything from around 14 inches to almost 17 and I have no idea what should be the correct length.

Thanks

darkev2

Hello rgriebeck

I think I'm going to be in but given some expenses I might have to be towards the end of the run. One question thought how big are you planning to make the pistol?? I have seen them in anything from around 14 inches to almost 17 and I have no idea what should be the correct length.

Thanks

darkev2

I'm not sure, to be honest I haven't started to research it yet. Still hoping to get closer to 10 people interested. But there seems to be a lot of experts here and I'm sure we'll get it right

Hello rgriebeck

Thanks

darkev2

I'll try to do my part and provide as much data as possible so that rgriesbeck has what he needs to make this a fantastic piece.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back