Cornering the market.

Hopson

So I have been looking for a 1/96 scale Saturn V and every time they come up on ebay they are snaped up by the same few people no matter how much they go for. Is this kit used in some rare studio scale build? Is it just that rare considring they come up all the time it seems like there are lots out there. Even glue bomb kits where half the pieces are missing going for $75 to a $100.00 What is up anyone know why this kit seems to be so precious to a few bidders with deep pockets. If you do not wish to comment here, but you know what is up with this send me a PM. I just need a few parts. I am starting to wonder if it is even worth my time to try and buy one of these kits.

Last edited:
Most SW studio scale use the 1/144 th version. Not certain why the 1/96th is so popular other than its not a common nor cheap. The Revel version is about £85.00 in the UK.

So I have been looking for a 1/96 scale Saturn V and every time they come up on ebay they are snaped up by the same few people no matter how much they go for. Is this kit used in some rare studio scale build? Is it just that rare considring they come up all the time it seems like there are lots out there. Even glue bomb kits where half the pieces are missing going for $75 to a $100.00 What is up anyone know why this kit seems to be so precious to a few bidders with deep pockets. Ifyou do not wish to comment here, but you know what is up with this send me a PM. I just need a few parts. I am starting to wonder if it is even worth my time to try and buy one of these kits.

This is the big Saturn V the 1/96 not the 1/144 . The smaller one was used for tons of stuff but I am not sure if the big one was used as much.

Yeah, I can't think of a studio scale build that uses the 1/96 version. And it is a crappy kit.m the injection molded parts are a good size, but the rest of the body is thin sheet styrene that needs to be rolled into a cylinder. I can only think it's popular due to its size and the scale. Or maybe the flying rocket guys dig it?

Gene

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back