Conky the robot

UFO

Sr Member
looking to find some of the..uhm...found parts. especially the head, and boom box...
the flashes/cameras have been identified below....
any help on any found items is appreciated.

Last edited:
Cameras are old Kodak Brownies. You can pick them up for a song on eBay. I might have one of the flashes in my junk box. I'll look when I get home.

I think there's another camera between the speakers on the boom box. Looks like the back of a camera or a folding camera closed up.

Okay, I feel much better now knowing I'm not the only one dissecting Conky while I watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I was thinking about making the little whipped cream stop-motion character from the fridge. There are lots of goofy props on that show.

Looks like the very top of his head is the cowl of one of those old vacuums.

Good eye on the third camera, Probe Droid. Looks kinda like this one: Agfa Billy Record I suppose it could be any one of the folding bellows type.

Pretty sure the Brownies are the Brownie Hawkeye Flash model. Got one myself.

-Mike

The boom box looks exactly like an 80'2 vintage Hitachi that Radio Shack carried. I'm trying to find pics.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jul 21 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1285157[/snapback]</div>
Looks like the very top of his head is the cowl of one of those old vacuums.

Good eye on the third camera, Probe Droid. Looks kinda like this one: Agfa Billy Record I suppose it could be any one of the folding bellows type.

Pretty sure the Brownies are the Brownie Hawkeye Flash model. Got one myself.

-Mike
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(Seth B @ Jul 21 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]1285155[/snapback]</div>
Okay, I feel much better now knowing I'm not the only one dissecting Conky while I watch Pee-Wee's Playhouse. I was thinking about making the little whipped cream stop-motion character from the fridge. There are lots of goofy props on that show.
[/b]

:lol i feel a whole lot better...i'm the one who posted...
i just started watching it.... i keep remembering it from my childhood...lol...i want a lot of those props.

I know, that show is filled to the BRIM with found parts. I used to watch it while I was a kid :) . What mystifies me is that this show is now re-running on Cartoon Networks ADULT SWIM. I was like :confused :eek "What's THIS show doing HERE.?.?."

BTW, His arms look like those sewage pipes used on RVs, his jaw looks like a cash register (to me anyway), and his stomach is a record player. I'm not good at I.D.ing, I just know basicly what the part is, not specificly.

<div class='quotetop'>(Probe Droid @ Jul 21 2006, 05:14 PM) [snapback]1285421[/snapback]</div>
The stomach is a record turntable, and the head is a diner individual-table jukebox (I think?).
[/b]

Yeah the buttons along the bottom of the head look that way but the knob above them and the large plate make it look like the door to a small toaster oven. Maybe the buttons were grarfted on?

Three are a dearth of pics of Conky on the web... Anyone have the DVDs yet for screen grabs?

<div class='quotetop'>(Probe Droid @ Jul 21 2006, 08:14 PM) [snapback]1285421[/snapback]</div>
The stomach is a record turntable, and the head is a diner individual-table jukebox (I think?).
[/b]

think your right on the diner juke box...

and i think i used to hwav that boom box, i kid you not. LOL.

cant wait to see the build up.

man, if we get made fun of for having lifesize vaders and TKs.... what would people think of a house full of pee wee props?

or you could just do anything reuben...

like a popcorn box... with a hole in the bottom... :lol

sorry... i had to... :p

cool. thanks. looking at those caps, it looks to me like the very top of his head is a waffle maker..... thoughts?

Does the row of buttons on the 'head' move? They appear to be a straight line in the first pic, yet they look like a smile in the second.

The head looks like an old cafe booth jukebox terminal to me.

Jay

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back