Conky the robot

i swear its not a jukebox.
as for the mouth buttons, if you look at the caps, the metal piece behind them is perforated, so if i had to guess, id say the buttons have pegs on em so they could be moved to change expression.

<div class='quotetop'>(Funky Jedi @ Jul 27 2006, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1289129[/snapback]</div>
Okay. How the hell did this thread get by ME???...
[/b]

cause there aint no funk... or jedi... :p

umm, id say that the original JUKEBOX... didnt have moving buttons... :unsure i dont know of a practical use for a box that can smile with buttons...

id say it was modified. :unsure

i still think its a diner juke box...

im really only posting here because my eyes are bleeding from staring at vintage transistors all day. :love

anywho, this would be hillarious to see at a con rolling around with an R2... :lol

i really want to see this thing get made.

I started a "Puppetland Replicas" yahoo group years ago. No one joined :p

Maybe we should start a new one :)

funky-
probably cause i just renamed the thread. it used to be "found item guru's, i need some help"....

as for the diner jukebox thing. im still waiting for a pic of one like it to be posted. the more i watch the show, and the more i look at pics, the more it doesnt look like a jukebox. maybe the buttons came from one, but thats it. the "head" is actually triangular in shape. i wish i had the pee wee dvds to get some better caps.

Looking at capture #22, it's just the shell of the boombox for the front of Conkie. Under the right arm is another radio. The things on the sides of that radio almost look like the old drive-in speaker boxes.

In capture #3, under his left arm is not the same. No idea what all that is. Looks like the inside/backside of something. I do see an old clock face, though.

I'm betting the "teeth" on his mouth may be hot glued, or something, so they could be made into a smile, or frown, or whatever. I haven't seen the show in forever, and I don't remember if his mouth actually changes like that or not.

Hey, that's pretty good.

If you want to scrap the juke box idea, was also thinking that from the side, the head kinda looks like an old fashioned cash register or adding machine. Both rough guesses. The chest camera looks like a 120 shooter.

Wll, this is probably minimally helpful but his on/off switch is a cheap-o switch you can get at radio shark. And the retractable cord may be from an old vaccuum cleaner.

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 21 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1285233[/snapback]</div>
I know, that show is filled to the BRIM with found parts. I used to watch it while I was a kid :) . What mystifies me is that this show is now re-running on Cartoon Networks ADULT SWIM. I was like :confused :eek "What's THIS show doing HERE.?.?."

BTW, His arms look like those sewage pipes used on RVs, his jaw looks like a cash register (to me anyway), and his stomach is a record player. I'm not good at I.D.ing, I just know basicly what the part is, not specificly.
[/b]

I just read a book about Tim Burton, and when the dealt with the PeeWee movie, the author stated that PeeWee´s playhouse contained loads of adult oriented humour and hints at hidden sexual jokes, but not in a way that they were obvious to the younger audience, but appealed to the older audience. The fine line towards any indecent stuff was never crossed, but when I saw this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Topcdgvrc-o&NR (peewee´s playhouse was never shown in germany), I understood what the author meant. Still have to see the peewee movie.

Youtube contains a lot of peewee snippets, so you might want to go there for reference too, or is it out on dvd yet ?.

Michael

<div class='quotetop'>(ManfromNaboo @ Aug 9 2006, 09:36 AM) [snapback]1296967[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 21 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1285233[/snapback]
I know, that show is filled to the BRIM with found parts. I used to watch it while I was a kid :) . What mystifies me is that this show is now re-running on Cartoon Networks ADULT SWIM. I was like :confused :eek "What's THIS show doing HERE.?.?."

BTW, His arms look like those sewage pipes used on RVs, his jaw looks like a cash register (to me anyway), and his stomach is a record player. I'm not good at I.D.ing, I just know basicly what the part is, not specificly.
[/b]

I just read a book about Tim Burton, and when the dealt with the PeeWee movie, the author stated that PeeWee´s playhouse contained loads of adult oriented humour and hints at hidden sexual jokes, but not in a way that they were obvious to the younger audience, but appealed to the older audience. The fine line towards any indecent stuff was never crossed, but when I saw this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Topcdgvrc-o&NR (peewee´s playhouse was never shown in germany), I understood what the author meant. Still have to see the peewee movie.

Youtube contains a lot of peewee snippets, so you might want to go there for reference too, or is it out on dvd yet ?.

Michael
[/b][/quote]

I kinda get what you mean. Just like the old Nickelodeon shows "Ren and Stimpy" and "Rocko's Modern Life". After seeing THOSE re-runs, I'm suprised they were allowed to air those on the little kid channels I watched as a 4 or 5 year old. But hey, I wasn't complainin' back then :) .

As for Conky, I think the moving buttons are attatched with magnets and they just slide them up and down between shots.

Just my 2 cents

Bringing this thread back from the dead also...
Has anyone figured out just what exactly Conky's head is made from?
It resembles an old timey cash register, diner jukebox, a type writer, and adding machine... but I'm not too sure any one of those is right...
Also, the striped plate behind his nose reminds me of an air conditioning grille.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back