Concept art vs screen use

Rovingjack

Has anybody else gone through the making of ____ books and documentaries to find the concepts that never made it to the screen or final construction, out of the desire to see these things real?

I admit there's a part of me that likes looking through the almost props more than the things that made it through to the screen.

Anyone have good sources for some of that? I know the Star Wars movies usually are really really good about making books of the things that were part of the process.

Yep, Ralph Mcquarrie is great for that.... People are still building all kinds of stuff based entirely off of concept drawings he did that never made it to the big screen, with a lot of success. I like a lot of his concept stuff much more than what finally translated to screen.

There is a Star Wars design that I always wanted to build that was a step beyond the Destroyer droid called an Annihilator droid. Basically a walking giant gun platform.
One day….

I actually made the concept saber from ep7. Working from concept art gives you the freedom to built your own interpretation of how you think I should look like.

-R-

Attachments

• WP_20141113_003.jpg
    WP_20141113_003.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • InstagramCapture_e9c5c084-1848-4270-87bb-f32313649099.jpg
    InstagramCapture_e9c5c084-1848-4270-87bb-f32313649099.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 72
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back