Conan The Destroyer - Heart of Ahriman Jewel Display

I am SO SORRY if the creepy and gay thing offended you!

Why on earth would I be offended being labeled as creepy and possibly gay? :D

Let me properly introduce myself: my name is Nicole but most people call me Nikki. I just turned 37 and I am a court stenographer. I used to work in court but for the last few years with my daughter, I freelance and just do depositions and pretrial work now part time.

Hi Nicole. You don't really need to give me your name, etc. It's a bad idea online unless you're a seller or someone famous. Clearly, we're not going to date. ;)

Personally, I'd tell your friends you're not 12 anymore. Nicole is a beautiful name (I knew a lovely girl from grade school with that name). "Nikki" is like calling "George" "Georgie" or something to my ears ("Cynthia" vs. "Cindy" for example; the former just sounds more proper and regal to my ears).

Obviously I have a deep love for ‘80s sword and sorcery films as well as fantasy and science fiction so I’m quite the nerd. Lol I couldn’t put the Harry Potter books down and am truly disappointed I can’t find anyone around me to play movie trivia with. It’s one of my more useless talents, but if I like the movie, I can almost guarantee I’ll know everything about it within 48 hours.

Well, when you want to know, you want to know. That makes me think of 'Knowledge is Power' which was/is the motto of Phi Eta Sigma, my freshman honor's society I joined when I was in high school (since I took all my classes there that year as it was the only way my parents would get me a car that year and frankly, I liked the pace much better in college. I was bored to death in high school).

Speaking of Sword & Sorcery, I watched "Deathstalker" for the first time a few months back (somehow missed it back then). I don't know that I'd recommend it, though. It felt more like an excuse to do S&M scenes than having real actors or a real plot. The Conan movies were much better made. I think Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger also stuck out for me back then to some extent. That golden statue Minotaur creeped me out as a kid so of course I watched it many times until I had nightmares.... :D

Oh yeah, The Beastmaster was also a favorite. I always liked Marc Singer as an actor (V-The Mini Series and V-The Final Battle). He might not have been muscular enough for you if you were into Arnold and Stallone. But those crazy things with the glowing green eyes and the bat people that ingested people with acid. Tres creepy.

I love bunnies and currently have one living in my home office - I’ve had one or two most of my life.
His name is Chez as my last bunny was named Marchare - and yes, I am a HUGE Disney fan, but Alice in Wonderland has always been my complete favorite.

I've got bunnies in my backyard all the time, but even though I always wanted one growing up, their short lifespan would bother me, I think. Getting attached to pets is painful. I still haven't gotten another dog since the Lhasa I had from 3rd grade to my last year in college died back in 1999.

I've got the live action Alice movies in 3D here. Alice Through The Looking Glass is my favorite. I also like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and a lot of Johnny Depp movies in general (The Nine Gates is my favorite Depp movie, though, a mixture of film noir and supernatural thriller).

The Conan movies are special to me because my dad was kind of an idiot when me and my brother were young so he let us watch whatever he was into when we were kids, lol, thus I developed a huge crush on Arnold and Sylvester growing up that never really went away. There’s more but I feel as though I’ve overshared enough on a public forum. Lol Nice to meet you.

My dad wasn't around too much (left when I was 2 as he was a cheating SOB), but he did give us a VCR in 1977 (I was 3), so you can imagine we recorded any movies on blanks we wanted to watch off Star Channel or HBO. I remember he and my brother watched Commando (I was 9 and a half at the time) at the theater without me so when they went to see Delta Force the following week, my dad bought me a ticket to see Commando by myself in the adjoining theater at the same time they were watching that one (oh yeah awesome movie, but rated R with tons of violence and even some nudity).

Can you even imagine a parent trying to do that today? They'd probably get arrested or something (but then so would they for letting us ride in the back of a pickup truck, sit in the front seat as a kid (I got motion sick so I had to or I'd get sick; I guess I'd have to just get sick today, especially when they make you ride backwards in the back seat...OMG...yick). I grew out of the motion sickness (big roller coaster buff), but darn I think kids are perhaps missing out these days (overprotected a bit perhaps?) I was allowed to cross the street when I was 5. Admittedly, I was pretty darn responsible for a kid (being a reincarnate and all), but I'd never let a child cross the street at 5 if I had one! Ah well. I'm still here and only slightly creepy (and apparently not realizing I'm supposed to be gay) as a result. ;)

I obviously don't stenograph, but I can type 80+ WPM on a good day thanks to a single required typing class back in 8th grade (I got on BBS systems a lot so I never lost the skill and it's priceless on message forums, well until I over do it and come across as creepy for saying too much to a total stranger ;).

Ok, I realize I'm doing that creepy social sharing thing again I'd call conversation in the real world.... Sorry. Mea Culpa. I feel like Sheldon Cooper realizing he just missed sarcasm once again. Oh god, he's gay in real life. No, not like Sheldon at all. (You don't happen to like Enigma or Tori Amos do you?) It's probably best if you don't as I might feel the urge to start sharing again, although it's getting off-topic for my own thread.

Oh no, I just realized being a Tori Amos fan probably makes me sound even more gay.... Hey, I like Pink Floyd's music a lot too along with Billy Joel, Billy Idol and, hey, George Michael! ;)

Ok, I'm on the verge of rambling on all over again (it's like a disease!) I'm going to stop and go back to my corner again and put my creepy (possibly gay) hat back on that Snape wore in that scene as that dude's Grandma in The Prisoner of Azkaban (when it was a Boggart). Hell, I just realized Boggart...Bogart. What was Rowling saying about Humphrey Bogart there in innuendo? He was only scary until you laughed at him?

You see I could never have this conversation with a regular lady as they would have run away after the third response for sure! Nerdy is far more interesting. ;)

Frankly, your husband could probably kick my arse anyway so we should stop talking now before he finds out you've been talking to a slightly creepy potentially gay unaware guy on the Internet that lives many hundred miles away from you. o_O

Ok, all things being equal, still don’t know what to call YOU! The Beastmaster - OMG, also one of the coolest movies ever made - Podo and Kodo were so cute - killed me when the male died - and Commando?! Really?! My all-time FAVORITE Arnold film!!!!! Stop saying so much that makes me feel we have an eerie amount in common, even if you are pissed off I jested you were gay!

Husband in his heyday might have been able to kick your “arse” lmao but after 17 years in the Army, he’s a brokedown mess now so I wouldn’t bet on it (though he always says he never fights for points, lol) All the same, great guy; we’re just too different to be together forever, you know?

should we stop talking? I’ve found it ironically cathartic talking to someone with the bizarre similar interests I have - can’t help but appreciate thay we have that in common.

Btw, Nikki is what I let people call me as a term of endearment, not a professional name. And I now apologize for ever commenting you were creepy or strange - I like flirting online too - just do it semi-unconsciously because it’s a natural part of my personality.

Ahem, on a side note - LOVE Sheldon Cooper, though I must confess I only watched the first four or five seasons I think? And I hate to tell you this, but I always liked Enigma just because of the original Pure Moods soundtrack. Lol

Alice Through the Looking Glass was a phenomenal sequel, and when you were talking about reincarnation (not that they’re related but I think all over the place) I feel compelled to confess I’m an atheist and staunch liberal (hope that doesn’t ruin our dialogue) but one of my worst or best? Traits has always been that I’m open and honest since I suck at lying. Lol

I’m not sure if it’s the quarantine or my craving for a kindred spirit to talk to, but our conversation has been a lot of fun for me so far. I hope I haven’t scared you away, even if we can’t be Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy.

Ok, all things being equal, still don’t know what to call YOU!

Magnum, of course. ;)

Or Lando if you want a first name.

The Beastmaster - OMG, also one of the coolest movies ever made - Podo and Kodo were so cute - killed me when the male died

Between that movie and the D&D choose your own quest book "Return to Brookmere" I wanted a pet Ferret (or two) so bad when I was a kid. My mother wouldn't let me have one. Now I'm afraid they'd tear the house up.

- and Commando?! Really?! My all-time FAVORITE Arnold film!!!!!

You see. I could sense you have good taste. I just got the Director's Cut a couple of years ago (whopping 5 minutes if extra footage). I've had the Arnold haircut more often than not since that movie. A barber named Guido really only knew that kind of hair anyway so it worked out. I've had to do it myself lately with this lockdown. Ended up more of a buzz, but it'll grow back.

"What happened to Sully?"

"I let him go."

I've got nearly every Arnold film, though. He was my favorite action star. I can imitate his voice (and Sean Connery) pretty darn close.

"But I'm always back in the morning!"

"See you at the party Richter!"

Stop saying so much that makes me feel we have an eerie amount in common, even if you are pissed off I jested you were gay!

You wouldn't be the first. Half my family probably thinks it since I'm 45 and have never married. My half brother really is so there's probably a gene there somewhere that could go either way.

Husband in his heyday might have been able to kick your “arse” lmao but after 17 years in the Army, he’s a brokedown mess now

Brokedown mess probably still trumps nerd any day of the week. I wanted to be a pilot (Robotech?) and used to play F-16 and Apache simulators (I do have fast reflexes and so I'm very good at gaming), but my nearsighted vision disqualified me plus fighter jets aren't made for tall guys. Tom Cruise is like 5'3" or something.

just too different to be together forever, you know?

Nothing is forever. Not even diamonds.

should we stop talking? I’ve found it ironically cathartic talking to someone with the bizarre similar interests I have - can’t help but appreciate thay we have that in common.

I don't know how bizarre it is. Most guys I know at least liked those films if they saw them. You're the one that is unusual as those aren't typical girl films, so to speak.

Ahem, on a side note - LOVE Sheldon Cooper, though I must confess I only watched the first four or five seasons I think?

I mostly stopped watching after season 6 or 7. The show started going downhill in the middle of season 4 when it changed from a show about nerd culture to "Friends 2" featuring nerds that got less and less nerdy by the day.

If you want to watch a show that was nerdy funny to the end, watch the inspiration for Big Bang Theory. It was called The IT Crowd from England. It's on Netflix. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen along with Red Dwarf.

And I hate to tell you this, but I always liked Enigma just because of the original Pure Moods soundtrack. Lol

The Principles of Lust are burned in your mind, do what you feel, do it until you find love.

Alice Through the Looking Glass was a phenomenal sequel, and when you were talking about reincarnation (not that they’re related but I think all over the place) I feel compelled to confess I’m an atheist and staunch liberal (hope that doesn’t ruin our dialogue) but one of my worst or best? Traits has always been that I’m open and honest since I suck at lying. Lol

I think politics and religion is off limits here, though so PM if you want to talk something in more detail. Really, we're way off Conan at this point so a private conversation is probably better anyway.

not sure if it’s the quarantine or my craving for a kindred spirit to talk to, but our conversation has been a lot of fun for me so far. I hope I haven’t scared you away, even if we can’t be Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy.

I was thinking Bogart and Bacall, but OK.

I'd really rather not say for what I think should be obvious reasons, the Internet being the way it is and people being the way they are.
Understood. Just curious as you mentioned NE Ohio. I grew up in the Youngstown, and went to college in Columbus.

Magnum, of course. ;)

Or Lando if you want a first name.

Between that movie and the D&D choose your own quest book "Return to Brookmere" I wanted a pet Ferret (or two) so bad when I was a kid. My mother wouldn't let me have one. Now I'm afraid they'd tear the house up.

You see. I could sense you have good taste. I just got the Director's Cut a couple of years ago (whopping 5 minutes if extra footage). I've had the Arnold haircut more often than not since that movie. A barber named Guido really only knew that kind of hair anyway so it worked out. I've had to do it myself lately with this lockdown. Ended up more of a buzz, but it'll grow back.

"What happened to Sully?"

"I let him go."

I've got nearly every Arnold film, though. He was my favorite action star. I can imitate his voice (and Sean Connery) pretty darn close.

"But I'm always back in the morning!"

"See you at the party Richter!"

You wouldn't be the first. Half my family probably thinks it since I'm 45 and have never married. My half brother really is so there's probably a gene there somewhere that could go either way.

Brokedown mess probably still trumps nerd any day of the week. I wanted to be a pilot (Robotech?) and used to play F-16 and Apache simulators (I do have fast reflexes and so I'm very good at gaming), but my nearsighted vision disqualified me plus fighter jets aren't made for tall guys. Tom Cruise is like 5'3" or something.

Nothing is forever. Not even diamonds.

I don't know how bizarre it is. Most guys I know at least liked those films if they saw them. You're the one that is unusual as those aren't typical girl films, so to speak.

I mostly stopped watching after season 6 or 7. The show started going downhill in the middle of season 4 when it changed from a show about nerd culture to "Friends 2" featuring nerds that got less and less nerdy by the day.

If you want to watch a show that was nerdy funny to the end, watch the inspiration for Big Bang Theory. It was called The IT Crowd from England. It's on Netflix. It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen along with Red Dwarf.

The Principles of Lust are burned in your mind, do what you feel, do it until you find love.

I think politics and religion is off limits here, though so PM if you want to talk something in more detail. Really, we're way off Conan at this point so a private conversation is probably better anyway.

I was thinking Bogart and Bacall, but OK.

You said to pm you, but is there a way to do that from here, or do you have to give me your email?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back