'Conan the Barbarian' Headband

Leatherworker

Since I have finished my Conan the destroyer headband recently (Making of 'Conan the Destroyer' Headband), I had to build the barbarian version also. During the research I fell in love with the martial appearance and the nice contrast of cognac color and darker brown. There is not much of a difference in the construction of both versions except of the nose piece, therefore I skip a detailed making of and simple show some results ...

P4290139.JPG

The biggest challange were the nose piece nails. To get the rough hammered look of the originals, I had to take pretty thick iron nails and grind and shorten them ...

P4290140.JPG

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-08 um 10.54.26.png

By the way, I think I now know why they havn't used this headband / nose piece in the destroyer movie. The large flat headed nails reflect all the light (sun, spotlights etc.) like mirrors directly to the camera when facing her ...

P4290142.JPG

Finally a direct comparison between both versions showing the color variations ...

P4290144.JPG

Bildschirmfoto 2023-04-29 um 22.56.08.png

I think that I will oxidize the nose piece nail surfaces a little bit to better fit to the "heavy used look", As they are now, they look to new and clean ...

That is a stunning piece! I've wanted to get into leather working but I'm a blacksmith and still trying to master that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back