Complimentary Vader EpIII Scaled Replica

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
FedEx just paid me an unexpected visit.

The carrier gave me a medium-sized package from Master Replicas, which I thought might be my 2006 MR Membership package arriving earlier than anticipated.

But when I opened it up, I found a Darth Vader Episode III Scaled Replica, together with the following note:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing an order for the Darth Vader Helmet.  We regret that your order may have been affected by some of the quality control issues we recently experienced with the Darth Vader Helmets.  We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

A complementary [sic] Darth Vader EpIII Scaled Replica is being sent to you as a token of our appreciation for your patience.  As always, our foremost consideration is to provide our customers with quality product that they can be proud to own.

We thank your [sic] for your patience and understanding.  Please look out for our upcoming Darth Vader Helmet updates via e-mail.

Sincerely,

The Master Replicas Team

This is a welcome surprise. MR has disappointed a lot of its customers with the problems and delays related to its various helmet lines. But I have to give MR credit for taking this (expensive) step to show its regret in a tangible way.

I am not a collector of the .45-scale sabers (this is my first), but this little Vader hilt will make a nice companion piece for my .45-scale Riddell Vader helmet (even though they are from different films :) ).

Thanks, MR. :thumbsup

{EDIT} Spelling and clarity.

Maybe if MR used a spell checker, they'd experience less QC problems... Just a thought. :p

Aside from that completely irrelevant remark, I think it's a very nice gesture of good will toward their customers. :thumbsup

- Gabe

That is cool - I wonder if they'll check my ordering record & see I already have that one & send something else (Say the .45 ESB Vader saber - hint - hint)

Definately cool to see and a great way for MR to sooth those that have been burned lately. Good to see them take some initiative finally at handling customers who have up to now just waited to hear whats happening.

You know for some reason I thought you meant a scaled helmet :rolleyes

Originally posted by Vandark+Mar 20 2006, 12:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vandark @ Mar 20 2006, 12:30 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Probe Droid
@Mar 20 2006, 05:30 PM
That don't suck.  :thumbsup
[snapback]1209482[/snapback]​

YAY. I just got one too. VERY happy.

I love this saber, thanks MR.
[snapback]1209516[/snapback]​
[/b]

They must be having a lot of orders cancelled. This is a good way to keep people interested though. Congrats on the saber. Wonder if they'll send out any of the gold ones....

Originally posted by Deric@Mar 21 2006, 01:31 PM
You know for some reason I thought you meant a scaled helmet  :rolleyes
:) I can see how you might have thought that. Especially since the thread title doesn't actually say "saber."

Originally posted by PnatheraGem@Mar 21 2006, 02:19 PM
They must be having a lot of orders cancelled.
I wonder if the freebie will make any customers change their minds about cancelling.

I wonder if any customers who cancelled now wish they hadn't.

And I wonder if any customers who have been planning to cancel will now delay cancelling until they receive their freebies... and then cancel.

I also think it was a nice gesture.

I haven't seen the .45 Vader either. I own the .45 Palpatine and really like it. Post some pics if you get the chance please.

Originally posted by SithLord@Mar 21 2006, 10:52 PM
I'd like to see pics as well :p.
"NOOOOOOO.."
HasbroVader.jpg

:p

Thanks, Wackychimp, for hosting.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Mar 21 2006, 10:57 PM
Post some pics if you get the chance please.
Okay, will do. :)

I'll take some shots of the .45 together with the 1:1 for comparison (unless someone else beats me to it). Give me a day or two. My 1:1 is in storage.

A lot of customers DO feel they have been burned given the flaws that shipped out and the delays. Read the threads on the shipping and delays here, read the post at Rebelscum, absolutely not a poor choice of words.

For MR to take the action of sending out the minis also shows they feel its a bit more than just a normal business delay.
Kudos for them to consider such and take the initiative to take the high ground on the public relations.

I did not order the helmet, so no free swag for me.
And again, obviously the people in charge at MR felt it was an issue as they took the action of sending the minis out.
I am surprised you are so irked that I would post objectively about the situation.

Hmmm. Not sure if I'm getting one. My helmet arrived with a slight scuff that I was able to clean up with Novus.

Maybe I shoulda complained :)>

Question to those of you who have received the complimentary scaled saber:

What version of the Vader helmet do you have on order?

Mine is the double sig.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back