Complete Noob Help

muntahunta

Hi, I've ben browsing a fair few websites and forums lately picking up tips to start making my own cosplay. Initially, I was going to try and make Kryten from Red Dwarf but I think that may be well past my skill level for the moment.

I have ordered some Protective Floor mats for the Foam that I plan on using but I have no idea what I should start on.

I have a few questions,
Is there much difference between Paper PEP files and Foam Pep files?
I've seen many different people "unfold" the same model, i.e. iron man... Is there much difference?
Are there any step by step build guides out there for some beginners that would end up in a fairly cool prop?
The reason I've chosen the EVA Floor mats is because i've seen many people recommend them for a Metal effect for armor and such... but when a foam build is complete, doesn't it need some filler or such to fill the gaps and smooth out the surface?

I'm looking for a costume that you don't see every time a comicon or such is happening, any other suggestions?

There is a big difference between paper files and foam files due to the thickness of the foam. This will have an affect on the fold lines and joins.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi MH and welcome to the RPF,

check out the Sticky post on foam building and JfCustom's foam files thread to start with.It's full of instructions and (simplified) files.
Enjoy and good luck !

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back