Commando Load Bearing Vest - WIP

The screen used vest must have been HUGE. No doubt, it was made to fit a guy 6'2", 220 pounds with a 58" chest and 22" arms. The arm holes on the screen used vest are said to be 27".

So the problem I am facing is that my jacket is made for me at 5'8", and therefore it is shorter than the screen used jacket. I am just out of real estate on the front to fit the last part bring the 12 gauge shot gun holders. The screen used jacket had two rows of 6 and unless I make mine curve out, I don't have the room from the D-Ring to the top of the MAG pouch.
#1stworldproblems
IMG_20190622_173116_019.jpg

I don't know what the material of John Matrix's vest is. I am guessing it is a Kevlar reinforced material which i don't think you will ever buy at a fabric store.
none of that is kevlar, won't find it at a fabric store...but its easy to find if you google a local place sells fiberglass and production materials
this is what kevlar looks like

If you don't mind the inaccuracy, is there room to add the shell holder loops to the two outside mag pouch flaps?
There is already plenty of inaccuracies here.
I'll make one up in the next few days after I buy some black elastic.
I have got 12 spent shot gun shells in a bag somewhere that I want to crimp down.

none of that is kevlar, won't find it at a fabric store...but its easy to find if you google a local place sells fiberglass and production materials
this is what kevlar looks like

View attachment 1031482
The mesh I have used is screen door "pet mesh". It is light weight, but strong due to the firbre glass reinforcing.

There was a company making proper combat vests in my city a few years back. I found one in surplus store and it looks like they used the same stuff on their vests.
Proper Kevlar vests are not very breathable and this design is not intended to stop shrapnel as it is too open.

Those images are amazing.
Now I want to order those proper parachute D-Rings and make Version 3.
Is it me or are the ammo pouches on the right side thinner than those on this left.
Looking at what I have done and if I made them smaller (thinner and shorter), the 12 shot gun shells fit.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back