Combat/Throwing Knife from Cyberpunk 2077

Nephelus

Got Cyberpunk 2077 last year and have racked up over 100 hours on my first playthrough. The basic combat knife caught my eye and I decided I wanted to have a replica. I'm currently working on one of the katanas from the game. I've made the STL files available on my MMF if you want to print your own: 3D Printable Cyberpunk 2077 Combat Throwing Knife by Nephelus

0PwunGc.jpg

T598dVn.jpg

LRYNafQ.jpg

First printed parts. I used ABS since it easy to sand and can be chemical welded together to create stronger parts. The STL was created from a ripped file from the game.

5TpurI2.jpg

9HP5dUW.jpg

2cUp2AU.jpg

The handle was printed in one part (this is how it was designed in the original 3d model) but this caused problems later so was altered.

fk2MWBh.jpg

nXKYhts.jpg

First sanding with some masking tape where the handle will be glued on.

cKw5FFS.jpg

The first of several primings.

kegrpEf.jpg

Black primer. This step turned out to be unneeded since Rub n Buff looked better over the regular gray primer when I did a test.

H7WHUju.jpg

Here's where I realized the handle wasn't gonna work. Adding layers of primer increases the width of the blade till the point the handle no longer fits. I decided to modify the model to use a more traditional knife handle construction where the handle is 2 "scales" that go on each side. I created this graft piece to fill in the empty space on the blade so I wouldn't have to reprint the whole thing. Also includes a guide hole to line up the scales.

PY3mFxQ.jpg

Just a little "plastic surgery" lol

lrywDpc.jpg

Primer after sanding down the graft. Can barely even tell but any rough spots are gonna be under the handle anyway.

JuvOWB9.jpg

New handle scales. These were so much easier to print and work with.

tPRA50J.jpg

Hard to tell but this is a layer of gloss clear coat. I wanted to use Rub n Buff silver leaf for this project and an experiment showed that using it on top of a glossy clear coat resulted in a shinier end product.

BBQ9OrS.jpg

Before final assembly.

3Iz86JY.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back