Colored LED Help for Prop...

bobatrek

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Is there such a thing as fused color LEDs (colors fused into the bulb)?

prelitleds.jpg

I have found LEDs that change colors or are dedicated red, etc., but ones that retain their color when not lit I am unable to find.

Maybe these are not really LEDs?

If anyone can help, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Do you mean the plastic part of the LED is red, green, yellow etc? or are you wanting an LED that you can change the color on, and the plastic part stays that color?

Unfortunately I don't meet their price break of 1000 per color...

I need like 30 yellows, 25 reds and 25 greens.

The search continues...

I selected lens style "round with domed top" 3mm and 5mm and sorted by increasing quantity available to find the popular ones, and found plenty of red green and yellow. It's easier to just pick the specific colors though since there are so many. I found this nice orange one for example that way:

Digi-Key - 751-1120-ND (Manufacturer - TLHO4400)

The nice thing about Digikey is they give you so much data to work with. If you want a bunch of different colors and you want them all to look the same, you can try to match the viewing angle and milicandella rating.

You can just search by those manufacturer part numbers, and it should give a bulk order option and a low quantity option, same mfg number but different digikey part number. Sorry about that, I just sorted by price and didn't think to check order requirements.

Painting the LED would be a bad idea because it would trap heat and if the LED gets too hot it will shorten its life.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back