"Clue" Remake???

GeneralFROSTY

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK folks....what's this I hear about director Gore Verbinski wanting to do a remake to the cult classic "Clue"?
I don't know about any of you fellow geeks, but Clue is one of my all-time favorate films. It is simply and utterly FUN to watch. I love the story, the script, the acting and even the costume design was very well thought out.
Can't imagine anything topping the great cast we had - but I would still go see a remake if the cast were comprised of A-listers.
Who would be YOUR picks for the characters??

Where are they going to find the actors? There aren't that many actors who are actually funny at anything other than fart jokes and other bathroom humor.

Someone needs to make a movie version of the board game. Not interested in a remake of this great mystery comedy film. Also, I never thought maids were hot before this film...

Someone needs to make a movie version of the board game. Not interested in a remake of this great mystery comedy film. Also, I never thought maids were hot before this film...

I'm confused by your post. "Clue - The Movie" IS a movie version of the game exactly - and done VERY well, and is one of the most horribly underrated movies of all time IMO.

I'm confused by your post. "Clue - The Movie" IS a movie version of the game exactly - and done VERY well, and is one of the most horribly underrated movies of all time IMO.

Maybe a small bit of confusion with my first sentence. But I want a movie edition version of the actual Clue board game. With actor/actress likenesses, props, house design, etc. A really high end version. I found a Clue site a while back that had all the different versions. But no movie version...Get it?

This can't be for real.. There have been so many remakes lately -must be hard coming up with new original stories for film eh?

As far as movies that could use a remake this is NOT one of them, you'd think that there would be a focus on choosing movies to remake in order to improve or add something that was missing to the film.

Here's a better idea.. instead of remaking Clue why don't we just ask George Lucas if he can help us "vamp it up" :behave

The movie, actually, isn't an movie version of the game exactly. Wadsworth is not a character featured in the game. There is no cook or Yvette or a Motorist, or a cop or even a singing telegram murdered in the game, just Mr. Boddy. And from what I read, the first version of the board game was actually set in the late 1800s (one of the hints of this is the pistol, which is a six-shot pepper pistol and the character's designs), while the game is set sometime after WWII (though the game was developed in the 1940s and first produced in the 1940s).

So, to say the movie is "a movie version of the game exactly" isn't really as accurate. But saying "the movie is a close representation of the gameplay of the game exactly" is closely correct, except with a few additional bodies that the players have to solve for and not just Mr. Boddy himself.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back