Interest CLOSED due to no interest

Vox

Sr Member
Hello RPF!

This is currently an interest thread to gauge if enough people would be interested in purchasing a Shriek Helmet Kit (limited run). Shriek is a villain from the Batman Beyond series, if you are unfamiliar and would like to go look him up.

Here is a picture of what a completed helmet would look like, along with an exploded view of the kit to show how everything fits together. Full credit for the beautiful 3D design goes to @laellee.
3D_Render.jpgExploded_3D_Render.jpg

Here is what I have already:

Kit_Prototype.jpg

As you can see, nothing has been mastered yet, and the buck to vacuum form the visor has yet to be printed. That's because if I don't get enough interest here, then I won't bother mastering/molding/casting the helmet and I will just use the 3D prints as my personal build pieces.

There's a couple different ways I can go about this, so here's what I'm offering:

OPTION 1: Light up the eye! That small circular piece, as seen behind the visor in the exploded view above, is meant to be a backer for a clear eye lens into which a blue LED can be mounted and wired through the hole in the backer. Permanently attach the eye to the visor, cut a hole in the visor large enough for the LED to pass through (should it ever need to be changed), then thread the wires through the backer and attach it to the visor. The helmet itself is wide enough for a batter pack to fit on either side of the head. So this version would include:

1x Helmet, cast in Smooth-On 65D resin
1x Tinted vacuum formed visor
1x Clear, vacuum formed plastic "eye"
1x 3D printed "iris" (the underside is curved to evenly fit the lens)
1x 3D printed backer plate
1x Blue LED w/ T10, BA9S, or Festoon Dome adapters (power supply not included)

Option 1 Estimated Price: $250 + shipping ($75 deposit if the run happens)

OPTION 2: No lights. Electronics are not for everyone (I have limited experience with them myself), so I am offering a version with just a solid eye to be mounted on the lens. This version will include:

1x Helmet, cast in Smooth-On 65D resin
1x Tinted vacuum formed visor
1x 3D printed "eye" (printed in white, to paint whatever shade of blue you want)
1x 3D printed "iris" (the underside is curved to evenly fit the lens)

Option 2 Estimated Price: $225 + shipping ($75 deposit if the run happens)

Disclaimers and Other Info:
-I will not be able to give an estimated time of completion until the potential run starts (which will be after mastering and molding, so it could be a while).
-I will not take your money (deposits) until I have the helmet mastered and molded.
-The deposit is a commitment by you, the buyer, toward the product and gets your name on the list.
-The 3D printed eye and iris will be mostly smooth, but will still require sanding (high grit) prior to painting.
-The helmet rests on a head well enough on its own, but will require padding or an adjustable interior (like you might find in a construction hard hat) to keep it stationary while moving around.

If interested, please post which version you would want.

If you have questions, comments, or concerns, post them! I will leave this up for a week or two to see if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
Re: Shriek Helmet Kit (Batman Beyond Villain)

My guess is the price is too high for a piece that is virtually absent from current popular media... but "bump" none the less! I'll keep this active until the end of the week to see if interest magically appears.

Re: Shriek Helmet Kit (Batman Beyond Villain)

(last) Bump for the weekend!

(Guess it was worth a shot. I just wish I hadn't spent so much time pricing everything out and typing it all up for naught!)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back