Close Encounters reference pics

Does anyone here know where reference photos of the "Puck" alien from Close Encounters of the Third Kind might be found? I understand the stop-motion miniature was a full figure, but I can't find any quality images of the entire alien online.

I've been told that Bob Balaban wrote a diary/book of his experiences working on the film, and that there's one pic of "Puck" in his book, but I've not seen it.

Thanks!

Cinefex never really covered CE3K in its entirety - there was an issue that dealt with the animation, and another that covered Greg Jein, but not much on the aliens. The best thing I've seen is a vintage Cinefantastique from the original issue of the film.

Double issue! :D

cf0703.jpg

I'll have to check my files, I know there are images of the Carlo Rambaldi alien out there.

CE3KAlien.jpg

k

Thank's all..You're the best. Phase Pistol, that's by far the best image of the miniature I could have ever hoped to find..It's almost too perfect!

This info will come in handy :)

First time I've seen that too.

Who couldn't love asexual pot bellied space nudists that like to jam on giant flying moog organs and displace earthlings in time.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back