Clint Eastwood Man with No Name Holster

I'm wondering if the holster is really made of suede/polished leather because from the movie pic I see ...personally the holster/belt looks like tanned leather to my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong.
The written order to Andy Andersen (the maker) from CBS for Clint Eastwood for Rawhide stated “Rough out leather”.

The holster is heavily aged which is why it appears darker and less rough. More info.

Hi Chazzychaz, (and others)

I'm wondering if the holster is really made of suede/polished leather because from the movie pic I see ...personally the holster/belt looks like tanned leather to my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong. I just want to understand in order to choose an adequate holster for my collection.

waiting for your opinions guys...

View attachment 1636483
View attachment 1636484
The belt and holster are rough out. the inside of the holster is smooth lether as is the holster strap and bullet loops. The rig was pretty old byt this time. so its dirty, remember he used it all trhoughout rawhide.

The original Andy Anderson rig was rough out leather with leather side out holster strap and 26 cartridge loops .. It was treated with neatsfoot oil to give the two tone finish . It had a steel lined holster and hip plate between leather layers . the buckles where hammered on the shop vice for a bark like finish . Eastwood requested a straight drop holster with zero muzzle rake . It was marked size 42 on the back plus Anderson ace of spades stamp .. The wrist brace in FAFDM was Anderson's own that he used because of a war wound . Leone saw it on a shop visit and wanted it for the character . Photos show a similar holster but longer from Anderson catalogue. Note belt cut on curve .. Eastwood used not these exact rigs but the western version with 5 1/2" barrel holster .

Attachments

• IMG_20221110_182131.jpg
    IMG_20221110_182131.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20221110_182113.jpg
    IMG_20221110_182113.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
The original Andy Anderson rig was rough out leather with leather side out holster strap and 26 cartridge loops .. It was treated with neatsfoot oil to give the two tone finish . It had a steel lined holster and hip plate between leather layers . the buckles where hammered on the shop vice for a bark like finish . Eastwood requested a straight drop holster with zero muzzle rake . It was marked size 42 on the back plus Anderson ace of spades stamp .. The wrist brace in FAFDM was Anderson's own that he used because of a war wound . Leone saw it on a shop visit and wanted it for the character . Photos show a similar holster but longer from Anderson catalogue. Note belt cut on curve .. Eastwood used not these exact rigs but the western version with 5 1/2" barrel holster .
Thanks you so much for theses extremely accurate info simiouno
extremely appreciated !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back