ClawShot Replica Build

Noble625

Hey guys I'm new here and this is my first build on the rpf so hope you guys like it. It is of the claw shot of The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess which personally one of the best rendition of this item obtained during the franchise.
CalwShot_Blender.png So I first started off orginizing the 3d file and making sure how many main pieces it is and there are two in total.
CalwShot_Pep.png Then I started pepping it out and finished around an hour or so and all thats left is to start making it.
Please leave your thoughts and comment.

Last edited:
Hey guys just another update on the clawshots progress.
20150404_120946.jpg Here is just a clawshot claw and right after i was done fiberglassing all of the claws i thought of just finishing off one and molding three hollow one to allow some mechanisms that im planning to add later.
Just some better profiling of the claw20150404_120937.jpg I'm Trying to keep some of its sharp turns and angles to give it the illusion of some metal piece when finished.
20150406_231632.jpg 20150406_231619.jpg finished pepping out the body of the clawshot and roughly putting it together with some masking tape so that it can easilly be removed so that i can add bondo and sand it easier; BUT the main problem i ran into was that the space for the hand and mechanism to pull and use it was way to small and thats why you see some tape on the end seperating parts. but the plan is to make it more roomy when sanding and bondoing it.

Please comment and leave any tips or comments, Thanks.

Hey guys I'm new here and this is my first build on the rpf so hope you guys like it. It is of the claw shot of The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess which personally one of the best rendition of this item obtained during the franchise.
View attachment 459048 So I first started off orginizing the 3d file and making sure how many main pieces it is and there are two in total.
View attachment 459049 Then I started pepping it out and finished around an hour or so and all thats left is to start making it.
Please leave your thoughts and comment.

Potentially off topic, but your Pepakura patterns turned out REALLY REALLY nice, and I was wondering if you have any tips. I just recently did a build in Blender of Fili's sword grip, and I don't have any floating vertices (that I know of), and yet I have a couple odd places were the patterns overlaps weirdly when unfolded or there's some small extra pieces that somehow aren't connected to the main folds, and I'm not sure why that happened.

Do you or anyone else here know how best to deal with that? (again, not wanting to derail this post but I figured I ask since your patterns turned out so nice)

Potentially off topic, but your Pepakura patterns turned out REALLY REALLY nice, and I was wondering if you have any tips. I just recently did a build in Blender of Fili's sword grip, and I don't have any floating vertices (that I know of), and yet I have a couple odd places were the patterns overlaps weirdly when unfolded or there's some small extra pieces that somehow aren't connected to the main folds, and I'm not sure why that happened.

Do you or anyone else here know how best to deal with that? (again, not wanting to derail this post but I figured I ask since your patterns turned out so nice)

I wouldn't mind helping you out but it would be best for me to see the problem with my own eyes. I could also help you unfold since its the most time consuming part.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back