Clan Symbol Contest

I like randy's.. but not too sure on the little ~(squigally?) line. Reminds me to much of a lightning bolt

i dont have ANY paint type programs to do this, so i took like 1 min and schetched out a quick little symbol......suxs but it was done quick......

i like to doodle so when an ideai s tossed out there i like to see what i can come up with. if someone can take this and "fix" it up or elaborate on it please do.

take care everyone

clansymbl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont have ANY paint type programs to do this, so i took like 1 min and schetched out a quick little symbol......suxs but it was done quick......

i like to doodle so when an ideai s tossed out there i like to see what i can come up with. if someone can take this and "fix" it up or elaborate on it please do.

take care everyone

I like it looks pretty cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i might be new here but i've been a long standing fan since i was 5, i'm not sure how anyone would feel about it but i may as well toss in a clan symbol just to throw in another choice. The symbol used to belong to the DOL clan that rped in aol chatrooms back in 95 incase anyone might remember them, i forgot what DOL stood for but hey i doubt they would care seeming how they disbanded around 98.

Attachments

• DOL_Clan_Symbol.bmp
    2 MB · Views: 314
so have we come any farther on this are we going to have a sanctioned symbol for our clan??
Not really, I wholeheartly support full freedom on any kind of symbol... I whipped something up, but there might be some members who don't like it, making it improper to use as the HL-clan...

i really want this to be grabbed by the horns and decided on we should have a clan symbol and i would love to put the symbol on my gauntlets or my helm

Hm, perhaps, we should look into having multiple variations. And before you all yell at me, the reason I said that is cause of where we live. There could be one for the east coast, west coast, UK and so forth. As long as it's some variation on the 'HL" theme. That way when/if any of us go to some place far from home, we and the others would know where they hail from originally.

Just my two cents. And I like them all. Of course, I would put which ever design was chosen on a new bio. I have my own personal clan symbol on my current hunting mask.

I think the one symbol with a variation to show east, west and other countries is a great idea!

Like you said that way when we run into our brothers and sister from other parts of the country we can great them properly!

Will work on some stuff...

For those of you who don't know the "legacy of Kain" series, here are some symbols.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/1967094.jpg[/img]
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2181/204748...a1298b3.jpg?v=0[/img]
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6317/...aziel_large.gif[/img]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/Tri...aton/order2.jpg

The last is more of a pictogram, of the order of the Dragon. i thought that would be cool since most of the symbols are images rather than more picture like.
Many of the symbols shown are very smooth and full of curves (like the pred language seen in AVPR) but these "legacy of kain" symbols are symmetrical and very sharp/ jagged looking. So I thought would help give a good idea.

As another tip, check out some Star craft, Protoss symbols! Those look identical to predator symbols.

i am relatively new to the lair, but if i may i believe the idea for having variations on east,west, U.K. or to represent anywhere in the world would be a great idea. so long as all the different symbols for the clan are agreed on, thene there should be a great idea!

Wow, this topic is still going on.

Thanks to everyone who liked my symbol. All submitted symbols were awesome.

This started out as just an idea, I am not sure that this was an official contest. I never received any official word from the moderators that we would be holding a contest to adopt a symbol for the Lair.

I have another idea (one every 17 months, not bad) Its not even my idea Im just reading everyones replys. Customize your armor, skins, etc. with a symbol of your choosing or creation. you can be a clan of 1 or a clan of 100. If you want other to recognize you as a Lair member use a variation of HL. this way yiour not limited. I have visited other sites and they have official club symbols that have to be a certain size, color, and can only be worn on certain things in certain places, etc. etc. etc. I think this might be a better way to go about this. We could also form a clan registry section of the Lair showing the clan, its symbol and its members.

Randy

Ohh I like that idea! Now, how would we get "inducted" into said clan?

Wow, this topic is still going on.

Thanks to everyone who liked my symbol. All submitted symbols were awesome.

This started out as just an idea, I am not sure that this was an official contest. I never received any official word from the moderators that we would be holding a contest to adopt a symbol for the Lair.

I have another idea (one every 17 months, not bad) Its not even my idea Im just reading everyones replys. Customize your armor, skins, etc. with a symbol of your choosing or creation. you can be a clan of 1 or a clan of 100. If you want other to recognize you as a Lair member use a variation of HL. this way yiour not limited. I have visited other sites and they have official club symbols that have to be a certain size, color, and can only be worn on certain things in certain places, etc. etc. etc. I think this might be a better way to go about this. We could also form a clan registry section of the Lair showing the clan, its symbol and its members.

Randy

Start your own clan, pick out a symbol, contact 2 friends and have them contact 2 friends and so on and so on.

Example: Lair members living in say Florida get with other Lair members in Florida or the south east, or anywhere. get together and form a clan. They pick out a Clan symbol. Put this symbol all over thier suits & skins, Contact the Lair with a copy of the symbol for registration and its members. At conventions they can be identified by thier clan symbol. nothing serious just fun times.

randy

Back