City Hunters - Anyone else heard of this?

CB2001

Master Member
Not too long ago, I began looking up info on an Italian comic book writer and artist named Milo Manara. The work he does falls into the adult graphic novel area (and I do mean adult). He is primarily known for his works such as one called Click! (which involves a woman who goes zero to nympho after being implanted with a device in her skull that is controlled by a wireless dial) and Butterscotch (which involves a scientist who discovers how to make himself invisible by using a key ingredient, butterscotch, in the formula, who inadvertently gets involved with a friend of the woman he had been pining for since he was 10 years old).

Anyways, I came to find out that there was a 9 episode animated TV series called City Hunters, in which he did the character designs for. It was aired in Argentina, and the show was "powered by Axe body spray." The series involves a guy who get involved with a much older gentleman, who teaches him how to become a seductor absolutis of women after being dumped by his girlfriend. Honestly, after seeing it, I'm surprised there were only nine episodes done. It has its funny moments, despite the nature of the show (honestly, since the show was produced by Axe, you get the idea that its almost as if it were an animated series set somewhere within the universe of the Axe commercials, I guess). I was able to see it, thanks to a YouTuber User that apparently dedicate his/her channel to it.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of this show or has seen it? What's your opinions on it?

Last edited:
At first I thought you were talking about the anime/manga but I never heard of this one. Europe has some good comics we rarely get to see.

At first I thought you were talking about the anime/manga but I never heard of this one. Europe has some good comics we rarely get to see.

Yeah, when I did searches on it, a lot of them were for City Hunter, which I believe is what you're talking about (as it was a comic book and had a film adaptation with Jackie Chan starring in it).

Yeah that's the one. I had to laugh at the Streetfighter part, turns out the Director has a thing for the game and sneaks SF stuff into all his movies.

I'm sure City Hunter is pretty good, guys (I myself haven't seen it or read the comics).

But how about City Hunters?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back