Chromed Mr. Giggles bio (Predator)

xdmray

OOOOOOoooooooh. SHINY!
The sculpt is mine. Sent it out to be chromed.

just got this back today. threw in some lens.
ENJOY!

IMG_2350.jpg

IMG_2354.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2376.jpg

I think the chrome looks great, but I think it could use a LIGHT airbrush shadowing of areas like the piping on the temple and cheek areas. That could help bring out the detail better. Problem is, I don't know if you can put any more paint over that stuff without damaging it.

hmmm, i don't know about the shadowing. you would lose the chrome. i like it pristine and shiny. this is the only helmet that i will ever do that is this clean. i believe every helmet otherwise should have grit and battle damage to it.

You do, but you lose the distinction in changes of angle of surface without a little shadowing. It's too mirror like where you can't make out all the details. With the lightest, and I do mean lightest of shadow, you can bring out the features of the Bio better. Either way, it's a great sculpt.

I agree, a little but of gun metal black dry brushing on some of the finer details would make it look even better highlighting the efforts of the sculpt

but to each his own they say

i know what you guys mean.
for comparison here's my other one.
i would be a little scared to mess it up though if it turns out i didnt like it.

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

i know what you guys mean.
for comparison here's my other one.
i would be a little scared to mess it up though if it turns out i didnt like it.

Yeah, you'd definitely want to check out the paints used on it, if it's got a good automotive clear coat and such. If so, a little acrylic alcohol based paint shouldn't hurt it. I'd check with the place that did the painting first though.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back