Chopped glass fibre

ssloun

Hello fellow hunters :)
I want to order chopped glass fibre from UK -► http://tiranti.com/product.asp?Content=Lig...mp;Product=1386 , becose in my country, they dont make chopped glass fibre, they only make a glass fibre in one piece. So i want to ask if this one is good for bios and some armor parts maybe. I only want to use this kind for a first layer, and then apply normal glass fibre, not chopped.

Thanks Joseph

hi Joseph,
this is what I use for doing stuff :
DSC09819.jpg

I don't know if is called "chopped" but I can tell you it looks like a blanket of fibers in all directions!has 330g/squared M!
I advice you to use something like that! if you have any question you are welcome! :)

later edit; don't use fiberglass in one piece!

or you could look at gettng a fibreglass kit from your local motor accessories dealer... comes with the resin and hardner... if your doing small stuff its ideal... i use them all the time when making custom parts for my bike.

It should be ok to use that, but Tuath is right. Most places that carry stuff for car repairs will also sell body filler (bondo here in the US) and fiberglass mat and resin. You can use these with good results for a bio.

In my adversity to fiberglass, and coming across an FP lid with very good fine fiberglassing. I did my research to find out more about fiberglass in the hope to request prop makers offering helmets to use the type of fiberglass for the item I intend to purchase.

I found milled fiberglass which is fine and possibility used in the FP lid. Maybe you may consider using milled fiber if it is finer than chopped fiber.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back