Cast Glass P1 Bio (Thanks Kithunter)

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Here is a cast solid leaded glass crystal Bio. This was the same bio used to do the sterling silver necklaces.
Kithunter provided this to use for a model.
At any rate, here you go. This is a bronze colored glass. I can get it polished if I want. Next on the agenda is a full size one!!!

P1020576.jpg

P1020577.jpg

P1020578.jpg

P1020584.jpg

P1020586.jpg

P1020588.jpg

P1020591.jpg

P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

P1020595.jpg

Cool bio! How do you cast those? Are you using a high temp mold like the ones they use for jewelry and pouring them?

Glass casting is an art in itself-- when you say "pour" that doesnt apply to glass-- it flows more like honey so there are different techniques involved. I unfortunately dont have the facilities to do the actual casting process myself- so I create the pieces to be done and take them to a good friend of mine who does this work. He then casts them for me. Youtube is your friend to find out more info about this.
It is similar to lost wax casting.

Clay , this is the 3RD bio thread you have made in the SKIN section, and AGAIN I am advising you that bios are ARMOUR, and moving the thread.

If you persist in ignoring this , next time I will just delete the thread instead of moving it . !!

MOVED.

Clay , this is the 3RD bio thread you have made in the SKIN section, and AGAIN I am advising you that bios are ARMOUR, and moving the thread.

If you persist in ignoring this , next time I will just delete the thread instead of moving it . !!

MOVED.

PM sent MY Bad

Glass casting is an art in itself-- when you say "pour" that doesnt apply to glass-- it flows more like honey so there are different techniques involved. I unfortunately dont have the facilities to do the actual casting process myself- so I create the pieces to be done and take them to a good friend of mine who does this work. He then casts them for me. Youtube is your friend to find out more info about this.
It is similar to lost wax casting.

So it's pretty much the same process as in jewelry making. I'm already familiar with "lost wax casting", as my mother used that casting method when she owned and operated her custom jewelry company years ago. I was raised in her jewelry shop and still have all of her equipement and most of her molds. Your friends do great work! Thanks for sharing! (y)

Clay please don't attempt the full sized on this piece... It will fall under the recasting without permission rule... You can jam on your own design at this point, the p1 has been done to death...

Thanks.

I would never do a full size piece of ANYONES bio unless I had permission--I know the rules and dont intend on breaking them anytime soon. Im a little surprised that you had to kind of call me out on this one Usurper-- The only full size one I will do without permission is my own that I create from scratch-- I know you are covering your bases so I guess I understand.

It would be the same as doing the RAKU of the Boar Bio-- I didnt do it without the permission of MeanGene--

I am not calling anyone out, this was raised by members in chat, that if a full one was being made, then the mould owner/sculpter needs to give permission. as per the rules. ( as you correctly did with Gene )

now given the less than good name of both on the kjp1, i see why its grey, but i am frankly sick of members thinking we have a hidden agenda or give some people passes, when that is not the case. the rules are there and until i am told by Art or Andrew that these have changed, i will continue to remind people who i think maybe heading towards the always troublesome waters of recasting.
i would ALWAYS rather mention it prior, rather than deal with the **** storm after it has happend.

Usurper-- understood-- I totally agree that you should head off something before it happens. I have been discussing this with Andrew off line and know the ropes-- we are good

Keep up the good job.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back