Chiss Clawcraft fighter update

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I figured I would just make another thread to make it more friendly to the 56k modem people. Not much to update with except that the wings are just about totally finished, I just need to attach the guns to three more wings. The body is basically finished, the side pylons are also basically finished - I just have a couple places I want to putty before attaching. Probably by next week I will be able to mate the pylons to the body. BTW, I'm one of the slowest modelers alive, so "Probably by next week..." might mean in a month.
icon_lol.gif

This was the first curved surface I've scribed on, so they aren't great, but will work.
chiss_cockpit80304.jpg

The "BL" on the tape stands for Bottom Left, so I didn't get mixed up attached the supports on the wings.
chiss_wingcomplete80304_2.jpg

You can see the rear detail a little better in this one.
chiss_wingcomplete80304.jpg

The little pieces that surround the circular piece is complete, I just didn't get a new pic of them. You can kind of see them in the cockpit picture at the top of this thread.
chiss_pylon61704.jpg

Here's a test I did for the tail scribing. I used an extra cast I made for this. The red arrows are lines I didn't get straight or scribed too far (because I forgot what I was doing
icon_lol.gif
).
chiss_tailscribetest1.jpg

You can only see the very rear of the scribing pattern in the picture I have so I made up most of it. How's it look?
chiss_tailscribetest2.jpg

Here's a picture of the rear or inward part of the wing. I figured the supports and detail on the inside of the wing would be similar to the outside. I just shaped the little angle pieces a little different.
chiss_wingback271004.jpg

Lookin pretty sweet Jason. Can't wait to see the finished model in a few months to a year!
icon_wink.gif
Ya know I probably live like 10-15 minutes from ya so I wanna see it in person when you're done.

Looks good so far....
But to be honest, I have no clue what this ship is, do you have a pic of what your ship will look like when finised??

Lynn

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back