Chip’n Dale: Rescue Rangers 2022

Plot speculation, Gadget has been kidnapped by some sort of obsessed Gadget worshiping cult (and there is some real world inspiration for that, unfortunately). But I could totally see some subversion/twist when they actually arrive to rescue her.
She's in the plane when Dale shoots off on the rocket.

I watched this last night. It was pretty good and the cameos cracked me up.
my son found this by mistake yesterday and i was like..wait!!! rescue rangers? When did this come out? I used to watch the cartoon all the time. Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Animaniacs!!! I was an older kid by this point of course but it created a giant flashback for me.

I liked the self awareness where they were mocking the reboot concept. It was a clever spin on it and reminded me of the recent 21 Jumpstreet movies (both of which are favorites of mine.) The one area of modern movies that's been really consistent in my book is comedy. Unusual pairings and unexpected reboots with things like Rescue Rangers catch me off guard in a good way. It also helped being a big fan of The Lonely Island. I'd be inclined to watch this again at some point. lol

Watched it yesterday and I had a blast! I think this should have totally been a theatrical release, definitely would have been a fun theater experience!

Not very good. A half-hearted attempt at a modern Roger Rabbit with no charm. The “2D” is appallingly, obviously just 3D with some effects applied on top, Mulaney and Samberg both have incredibly irritating voices, and the film can’t decide who its audience is. Is it kids? It can’t be, because outside of one or two modern references, every other joke the movie makes is to films that are at least thirty years old. There are a few jokes that land well enough, I suppose, and it’s not a terrible movie, just kind of pathetic and forgettable. Certainly not worth the price of a ticket.

I agree that it was a spiritual successor to Roger Rabbit more than anything else.
I found it entertaining but messy, with many many flaws. The script should not have been used as-is IMHO.

I too found that the primary audience for it was not kids but their parents. The fan-girl lead character in the movie must have had her grandma tape the TV-show for her because she (the actor playing her, anyway) was not even born when it had been on.
I laughed very hard at a modern reference ... when he showed up. But a cheap gag stops being funny if you drag it out for too long.

A small detail that irritated me was that it the fake movie touted as an example of a "bootleg" was misrepresenting the copyright in that case. Disney does not own The Little Mermaid!! It is an adaptation of an old story, just as with Pinocchio, Snow White, Cinderella, Robin Hood, etc.

I agree that it was a spiritual successor to Roger Rabbit more than anything else.
I found it entertaining but messy, with many many flaws. The script should not have been used as-is IMHO.

I too found that the primary audience for it was not kids but their parents. The fan-girl lead character in the movie must have had her grandma tape the TV-show for her because she (the actor playing her, anyway) was not even born when it had been on.
I laughed very hard at a modern reference ... when he showed up. But a cheap gag stops being funny if you drag it out for too long.

A small detail that irritated me was that it the fake movie touted as an example of a "bootleg" was misrepresenting the copyright in that case. Disney does not own The Little Mermaid!! It is an adaptation of an old story, just as with Pinocchio, Snow White, Cinderella, Robin Hood, etc.

Ah!.... but as someone who is dealing with a Beauty and the Beast flick, you CAN NOT use anything original Disney created in their movies....

I can't use Cogsworth... lemuire... the idea of the rose as a "ticking clock" to end the curse... Can't even use that look of the Beast....

If you're doing Snow White the dwarves can't be called, Happy, Sleepy, Doc, etc...

And for sure if you're making The Little Mermaid you can't have Flounder, Skuttles, Sebastian....

You can only use the original, public domain, story as the IP.

So if you're trying to trick grandmas into buying your bootleg, and you want that similair cover, you gotta switch up those designs enough to not get the Disney hammer... and boy would they love to smash that hammer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back