Chief Brody from Jaws digital sculpts (2 NECA figure heads + accessories) UPDATE 2/11/23 - COMPLETED

Well, I think I'm pretty much done on the head. finished detailing the hair, and have gotten it to (hopefully) a printable state. I made some adjustments here and there as well, but nothing too big (took out the crease I mentioned in my last post):

View attachment 1644663View attachment 1644664View attachment 1644665View attachment 1644666

Still figuring out the cigarette, I've edited another copy of the head so that the lip has space for it, but I ran into problems trying to make a hole for it to go in so it can be printed separately. I'll also probably work on making this into a bust, like I did with my Deckard model, so there's still more to do.
Well, I think I'm pretty much done on the head. finished detailing the hair, and have gotten it to (hopefully) a printable state. I made some adjustments here and there as well, but nothing too big (took out the crease I mentioned in my last post):

View attachment 1644663View attachment 1644664View attachment 1644665View attachment 1644666

Still figuring out the cigarette, I've edited another copy of the head so that the lip has space for it, but I ran into problems trying to make a hole for it to go in so it can be printed separately. I'll also probably work on making this into a bust, like I did with my Deckard model, so there's still more to be done.
Wow!That looks great cant wait to see the end product and please let me know if you decide to sell some

Thanks, I'm going to start working on getting a final version soon. I did a couple test prints on my fdm printer to see how small I could print it, though it would need to be resin printed for full detail and less cleanup of the print. The glasses in particular won't print on my printer at that scale, even after thickening them up more. I didn't even try to print the cigarette Ihad added - it'd probably be better to use a bit of guitar string or something instead. I gave the file to Flimzy to use for her Orca build, in exchange she's sending me a bigger copy of the model printed in resin, plus she'll be sending me back the modified file with a hole for fitting the head on a NECA body. I'll put up some pics of the finalized version as soon as it's ready.

Brody - Wet & Dry.png
Brody - Wet & Dry 1.png
Brody - Wet & Dry 2.png

I'm close to getting this ready for sale. I have to thank Flimzy again for altering the file to fit the NECA bodies.
I decided to add a second head, based on the final scene when the Orca is sinking. I figured it might be useful if someone wanted to make a diorama or something without making the full Orca, just the top sticking out of the water. I'm also probably going to have the heads available with necks (in addition to these with the NECA connection), to make it easier for modifying the heads to fit other types of action figures/dolls. Also, the "dry" Brody head will print without the glasses and cigarette, which will have to be added after printing (which also gives more variety if you choose not to use the glasses and/or cigarette). There's also going to be a second pair of glasses with lenses for clear resin printing.
I haven't sold any 3D models online, so I'm open to any help. I'm leaning toward using CGTraders - since there's some other action figure heads there, it seems like a good place for it. I thought about Shapeways too, since they offer printing services, as it would be good 'one-stop' for people that don't want to (or can't) print it themselves. I currently don't have a resin printer, just a FDM, and while it is possible to print the head at the NECA scale, I don't recommend it. You lose too much detail and would need to do a lot more clean up up the print to get it looking good. Plus, some things won't print at that scale with a FDM printer - the glasses in particular were simplified and thickened them up for resin printing, but still don't print at NECA scale on my FDM printer. I'm using a standard nozzle, though, so maybe a smaller one could work, but it's still not as high res as resin printing.

Last edited:
Thanks joburg, part of why I post the early progress is to show the process and how it can take a while to get it looking how I want it. It also keeps me motivated to keep working at it ti make it better.

I've completed the Brody files. I'm making them available for sale via a 3D model selling website, but I'm not sure if it's okay to mention it here - I don't want to violate the RPF's rules. I'm not sure if the Junkyard is the right place to sell something like this, since it's not a physical item, just a digital file on another website. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Brody - All models included.png

Finally got these printed and painted. I just got a resin printer (AnyCubic Photon M3) and after some trial and error, got these files to print. Then I did a quick paint up:
20230304_144720.jpg20230304_144853.jpg20230304_145500.jpg20230304_145548.jpg20230304_145803.jpg20230304_155240.jpg20230304_170331.jpg20230304_170338.jpg20230304_170657.jpg20230304_170710.jpg20230304_170855.jpg20230304_170949.jpg20230304_171214.jpg20230304_171224.jpg20230304_171419.jpg20230304_173138.jpg20230304_173146.jpg

Pics aren't great, just from my phone. I only have white resin right now and I don't think it photographs as well as gray. That's also why I wanted to get some paint on them.

I made the glasses even thicker than before, so they'd be easier to print. I also had tried printing out a model with the glasses and cigarette joined to the head, but it's really hard to get the supports off the glasses without breaking the frames, so I printed them separate. They aren't glued or stuck into place in these pics, they actually stay on pretty well without any adhesives.

The files are up for sale elsewhere, but I don't want to post any links since I think it's against the rules. But I've updated the files for sale online with the thicker frames and also readjusted the head sockets to fit the NECA ball-and-socket joint better. I bought a cheap Bob Ross figure to use for the head (seen pictured) so I was able to test fit it.

The files have been discounted from the original asking price, PM me if you want the details.

I hope this doesn't violate the rules here (I'm not putting a link just to make sure), but the files are on CG Trader, you can search for them by subject or by my username - bloog (Bloop was already taken). I'm working on some other files to sell there, like my Deckard bust, so hopefully I'll get more items on there soon.

Thanks to the people that have already bought Brody (if they're on here)!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back