Chain for Vader cape

I am currious of the same thing, I would be interested in a strong rubber version is one exists. That would eleminate the scraching and rubbing on the chest armor.

passable plastic chain Crops up quite often on e-bay, just search for Darth Vader cape chain or Darth Vader costumes. I've pm'd ya with a starter :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(scattrap @ Aug 8 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1296241[/snapback]</div>
I am currious of the same thing, I would be interested in a strong rubber version is one exists. That would eleminate the scraching and rubbing on the chest armor.
[/b]

Thanks. I hope it's strong enough. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(gts072 @ Aug 8 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1296264[/snapback]</div>
A rubber screen-accurate chain does exist. Just not so easy to get some in the States here.
[/b]

Didnt vader darth sell some of thoes a little while ago?

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Aug 8 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]1296337[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(gts072 @ Aug 8 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1296264[/snapback]
A rubber screen-accurate chain does exist. Just not so easy to get some in the States here.
[/b]

Didnt vader darth sell some of thoes a little while ago?
[/b][/quote]

Actually, I think Rigormortis gives some away yearly if I recall.

Ag-Lok or similar plastic gardening chain used for tying off saplings, etc....

Typically you can buy this stuff at Nurseries or gardening shops.

<div class='quotetop'>(gts072 @ Aug 8 2006, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1296507[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Aug 8 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1296375[/snapback]
I was giving it away for the price of a stamp.

The OT screen accurate chain is AgLok - 150 feet for $11.50:
http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/ovsstor...36&idproduct=63
[/b]

Seems like the edges of the chain shown on the link for AgLok are square. I think the edges are rounded on the chain seen in the films.
[/b][/quote]

Its excellent chain, trust me.

You could always round the corners yourself if you like, I dont think it would take a lot of time

The batch I got was rounded. They must have changed their moulds. Anyways, it wouldn't be too hard to snip the corners off with a pair of diagonal cutters - you only need to do about 1 1/2 feet.

Technically you only need 1ft as it's only supposed to be attached from one side of the collar across the throat to the other side. It's not supposed to go all the way around the neck. :)

Dave

Yes, 5 to 6 links is all that is really needed. Typically 4 links are seen on screen. Great stuff Dave.

Technically you only need 1ft as it's only supposed to be attached from one side of the collar across the throat to the other side. It's not supposed to go all the way around the neck. :)

Dave

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back