Cersei Lannister Game of Thrones - Blackwater Outfit WIP

megabethbob

Hey! Pretty much exactly a year ago I made my first ever RPF post with my Cersei Lannister costume progress (the dress she wears to Joffrey's wedding)

12596471_10153416755599013_45385205_n copy.jpg

And seeing as I have just started my next Cersei costume I thought it would be appropriate to start a new thread :p

This is the dress I will be making! Its her iconic red kimono dress from season 2, but I will be doing the version that she wears in episode 9, Blackwater, with the gold breastplate and more elaborate embroidery on the collarbones.

3f7b76b30ac434cf108f7a9125e10a27.jpg4c851d8bb67f5500ec3efdcc0b235cd8.jpg8f6dbca6ab9b7faba82e46eba0745634.jpgme left.jpg
This is the original version with the """simpler"""" embroidery (done by the fabulous Michele Carragher)

enhanced-buzz-wide-3665-1365351687-27.jpgcersei-coat.jpg358cfeb2d4a5d85c07a5b29b537c9d33.jpg10.jpgz?rh.jpg

I have already purchased two of my fabrics, the main red and the fabric I will be using for the skirt panels (which isn't at all accurate for the pattern, but its such a strange pattern that I would rather have something that looks right with the whole ensemble than spend hundreds on the screen accurate fabric :p ) I still need to buy the fabric for lining the sleeves and the main dress.

15355807_1139241369530316_3974390912879394676_n.jpgCapture.PNG

SO as its my favourite part of any costume, I started with the embroidery. I'm waiting till after christmas to buy my gold italian tubular mesh wire for all the golden swirls, so I started with the birds! I just finished one and I am super happy! On the left is the real thing, and on the right is my replica progress. The original doesn't have it, but I snuck a little turquoise swarovski bead in for the bird's eye because it was sparkley and I liked it. I can't wait to continue more on the costume soon! (however I am having to prioritise making Sylvanas from WoW as I need her first haha)

PicMonkey Collage.jpg
I embroidered onto organza, so once the piece is finished I can fray-check the back and then cut it out and applique onto the finished dress. This saves me from damaging the dress fabric if I need to reposition or fix something, and means I don't have to wait until the dress is finished to start the embroidery!

It's gorgeous. I mean, it's spot on. If you aren't using your natural hair for it, HERO HAIR can do the wig. PM me for details. Free consult via skype. Anyway, just stunning.

It's gorgeous. I mean, it's spot on. If you aren't using your natural hair for it, HERO HAIR can do the wig. PM me for details. Free consult via skype. Anyway, just stunning.

Thanks, but I already have a wig I use for Cersei, as you can see in my previous pics!

Thanks, but I already have a wig I use for Cersei, as you can see in my previous pics!
No worries. Yes, I did see that. Just putting it out there as your cosplay is feature film/ HBO series quality. Beautiful build. We're ardent Westeros fans over here;)
peace,
HH

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back