Caveat emptor Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models montuoriprime11168

qwavemi

This is simply a 'heads up/caution' posting. As a result of my direct and costly experience i strongly urge CAVEAT EMPTOR for any service or purchase from Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models. Leonard Montuori aka ebay seller montuoriprime111683 aka firstcontact54 aka Batman81408@yahoo.( and probably many more). CAVEAT EMPTOR!! Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models has been reported to the FBI internet fraud division and his local BBB as of sept 2014. I can provide documentation of my experience

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Caveat emptor

This is simply a 'heads up/caution' posting. As a result of my direct and costly experience i strongly urge CAVEAT EMPTOR for any service or purchase from Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models. Leonard Montuori aka ebay seller montuoriprime111683 aka firstcontact54 aka Batman81408@yahoo.( and probably many more). CAVEAT EMPTOR!! Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models has been reported to the FBI internet fraud division and his local BBB as of sept 2014. I can provide documentation of my experience.

It is advisable to tell the board what happened and put the sellers name in the thread title.

Thank you for reading my post. I discussed the post with the RPF prior to posting for permission. I provided the intended post for RPF to review to confirm neither I nor the content broke any rules. (I had read the terms first and then contacted RPF just to be sure). I appreciate your recommendation to put the seller's name in the thread. I am very new to participating on the RPF - is there a precedent for including the name in the thread title?

Yea....please give some of the details on the transaction. We are all about protecting our members from bad sellers......so spill the beans freely.

is there a precedent for including the name in the thread title?

It's the way its always done :thumbsup

Best is to put the company name & ebay name in the tile. Rest goes in the post itself.

To edit your thread title click " Edit - More Reply Options"

Yes, more details please. You have posted this same vague thread on many forums already. What are the details of what happened? It's hard to take something like this seriously and expect us to ignore the seller with no knowledge of what transpired. Playing Devil's advocate, you could be just a disgruntled buyer. You seem to be a new member on several of the forums I've seen you post at the last couple of days. Not saying you are though....

Yes, more details please. You have posted this same vague thread on many forums already. What are the details of what happened? It's hard to take something like this seriously and expect us to ignore the seller with no knowledge of what transpired. Playing Devil's advocate, you could be just a disgruntled buyer. You seem to be a new member on several of the forums I've seen you post at the last couple of days. Not saying you are though....

It sure sound exactly like this at this point :thumbsup

For me this is a very serious issue. I was being thorough by posting on Star Trek/Model/props multiple sites for the purpose of wide distribution. As a matter of fact I have received emails from other victims of Montouri ModelsI because I posted comprehensively. someone stole 339+ from you would you not like everyone to know? I was was wary of supplying specifics everywhere due to instances in which similar postings lead to banning, and legal recourse for "defemation" whether or not the veracity of the statement. I see my intention of a "civilized,"and succinct warning is insufficient in this forum. I would like to note that "disgruntled/get even/devil's advocate" postings tend to use stronger wording, embellishment of total funds loss, unbelievable circumstances, and do not offer receipts/emails to back of the complaint. I doubt a "disgruntled" buyer would go through the massive requirements to report the theft on the FBI site or BBB. If I lived in NY I would file a small claims court case. I Geez guys - I even asked permission from the websites controllers before posting. As there are multiple requests for specifics - for which I am pleased - no problem.

I agree, it is a very serious issue. You are asking us or warning us to stay away from this seller because he stole your money with no specifics as to what, where and how it went down. So, again, what happened?

Well, lets be fair guys. He has disclosed the company's name and offense, as well the amount stolen. Different states have different laws concerning disclosure during a federal investigation. This is a modeling forum... not Jerry Springer. If he is uncomfortable disclosing any more information, that is his prerogative.

all 8 months of the problem

december 30th 2013 I purchased on ebay a model of the enterprise nx-01 refit with lights from Leonard Montuori- aka ebay user montuoriprime111683 aka ebay user firstcontact54 aka Batman81408@yahoo.com and aka montuorimodels@yahoo.com -i paid via paypal. that receipt is pasted below
Express Checkout Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #2FY235649D9198514)

Original Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
Dec 30, 2013Payment To Leonard Montuori Completed ...
-$339.82 USD​
Related Transaction
Date
Type
Status
Details
Amount
Dec 30, 2013Add Funds from a Bank Account Completed
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Your transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account is complete.
Details
$339.82 USD​
Shopping Cart Contents

Qty
ItemOptions
Price
1​
StarTrek NX 01 Refit 1000 Scale PolarLights Model LEDLit ProBuilt SpecialEffects
Item # 151198424736
$325.00 USD​
Amount
$325.00 USD​
Order Description:
Shopping Cart
Item Total:
$325.00 USD
Sales Tax:
Shipping:
$14.82 USD
Seller discount or charges:
$0.00 USD
Total amount:
-$339.82 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$339.82 USD
Date:
Dec 30, 2013
Time:
14:40:49 PST
Completed

I was away from home. I requested he hold the item for me. I would contact him when home. From home I contacted the seller using ebay (ebay recommends) requesting he mail the item. He was very upset I used ebay to contact him (as ebay marks the contact as a "case.") He did not want me to use Ebay and provided his home email for further contact. I was really caught off guard by his response and in an effort to placate him I (foolishly filled) out the transaction rating questionnaire with all 5 stars, emailed him a copy to show I had good intentions. He was mollified.
The Seller sent me a beautiful model - not numbered, not signed, not dated, nor any other identifying marks) But The models did not match the ebay description - specifically the lights did not come on correctly and some not all. I contacted seller:
qwavemi To: montuoriprime111683 Subject: qwavemi has sent a message Sent Date: Feb-05-14 14:33:57 PST
Dear montuoriprime111683, Hi -I really went out of my way to send this email so that it is just you who gets to see it as i do not want to repeat the last email exchange. so i am contacting you cause the lights no longer come on - I haven't even had it a month. Tara - qwavemi
Dear qwavemi, Hi Tara Can you try another receptacle & let Len know also was there any damage to the box when delivered?Thanks - montuoriprime111683
I did same results-no lights. Per my request The landlord sent an electrician - no problems per him. the box, usual bent corners and creases from being mailed but no evidence of puncture or crushing. I sent it back (first time returning model).
Lenny got the model
email from Leonard Montuori To Me Feb 20 Hi Tara, Here are the photos I am letting it run some more tonight. Nice to talk to you & glad we have things straightened out. Apologizes for the misunderstanding.? Please check out our other Ebay user ID of firstcontact54 however the pieces are going fast. Thank You for your interest & purchase Lenny & Terri Please let us know you saw these & are ok with return shipping & I will send your invoice or request money via paypal . I saw pictures of a NX-01 and I paid his postage fee.

I was out of state the SECOND time the NX-01 arrived. girlfriend was home to accept. Returned in april, unpacked it, plugged it in - it didn't work properly. I was not a happy camper. gonna be Out more money.
I made a video of the model as I pressed the on/off switches several times with the malfunctioning lights in the same frames. Lenny was very incredulous and more. His wife ended up giving me their phone number and I called. As to the inferred accusations: I am incapable of taking anything apart . 'why would I spend 40+ If I was a shyster? I am already out money! Sending it back for repair a second time means I am out more money.
I sent it back. Here is the mail receipt:
Signature ConfirmationTM / Insurance Number: 9407 4036 9930 0006 5348 06 Trans. #:
Print Date: Ship Date: Expected Delivery Date: Insured Value: 297043390 04/24/2014 04/25/2014 04/28/2014 $450.00 Priority Mail? Postage: Insurance Fee: Signature Confirmation: (Electronic Rate)
Total: $18.91 $8.00 $2.35 $29.26  From: TARA L JUESCHKE 311 BAYRIDGE DR LEAGUE CITY TX 77573-9205 To: LENNY MONTUORI 1422 TOWER RD OTEGO NY 13825-3127 Click-N-Ship? 9407 4036 9930 0006 5348 06 0292 6006 0501 3825 US POSTAGE Button
To: Leonard Montuori <montuorimodels@yahoo.com> Sent: Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:32 PM
Subject: NX checking in
Lenny - i know you are very busy. I have not received the tracking follow up or signature confirmation from USPS. I though I would check with you first. Did it arrive? If so is did it survive the USPS? Thankyou for your time. Tara

Lenny's response:
Montuori Subject: Re: NX checking in From: Leonard Montuori (montuorimodels@yahoo.com) To: qwavemi@sbcglobal.net; Date: Thursday, May 1, 2014 4:20 PM May 1 Tara, The Model arrived saterday before I left for the NJ Convention, JG &amp; Bob want me to play Iowa the end of next month and talked to someone in NJ about maybeplaying Atlanta with the guys, I will keep in touch don't worry, thanks Lenny.

On Thu, 6/5/14, Tara Jueschke
<qwavemi@sbcglobal.net> wrote: Subject: Enterprise NX-01
To: "Leonard Montuori" <montuorimodels@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, June 5, 2014, 4:58 PM
Hi Mr. Montuori - just
checking in. I recall clearly you have a busy schedule. I would just like to know if you have had some time to figure out the problem.
Tara
On Friday, June 6, 2014 5:09 AM, Leonard Montuori <montuorimodels@yahoo.com> wrote:
Tara, I checked it the day it came and its a first for us, I have to build you a new one,buisey is the word, we have the Boston Convention in a few weeks, working with a buyer from Brazil who promotes Conventions there and wants Star Trek actors for his next one, trying to book Jg & Bob for that with someone who doesn't understand English, alot of fun, also when we did Cherry Hill NJ I was asked if JG & Bob, our band and my Models for a Atlanta Dragon Conventin I'm working with right now, I will be able to start on your new one just after the end of the month after Boston OK, thanks Lenny & Terri.

Me
ToLeonard Montuori

Jun 6
Mr. Montuori,

Thank you for the update. I completely understand how busy you are and I have intention of adding more stress to your deadlines. As I mentioned in the first email I was just checking in. I know you are good for the replacement and prefer you don't have to do a rush build. All I ask is that when you are ready to send it to me please email me to confirm I will be in town to accept the package. I will be in and out of state frequently this summer and well into september.

Thanks - Tara

next email
Subject: Re: nx-01
To: "Leonard Montuori" <montuorimodels@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, July 4, 2014, 5:56 PM

Lenny - just confirming
my preference is the NX01 Refit Tara

email
Leonard Montuori
ToMe

Jul 7
Tara, Would you send me a photo of your Model Collection while I'm working on your model, only the top dish left, just wondering what you have, thanks Lenny & Terri.

Mt email response WHY? I was suspicious

Leonard Montuori
ToMe

Jul 11
Tara, Is there a problem sending a photo of your Model collection?, phones today send them on the spot, this doesn't look good comming from a problem state Texas for us the past few years.

Me I do not distribute or post pictures of my collection. How does living in texas make me a villian?
---
august - I still did not have the item as promised or any further correspondence from Lenny Montuori. I was pissed off (and I still get worked up when I have to view his emails or recall my stolen money - 8 months after my payment $339+ and no working model - no model at all. I wanted to end this crap. I had reached my limit of patience. I sent him a definitely terse email for a full refund:
To montuorimodels@yahoo.com Aug 16 at 1:06 PM
Lenny I have been a good sport in regards having paid in full for an item purchased 8 months ago which I have yet to receive. Additionally your lack of regular contact regarding the status of the nx-01 is additionally grievous. Well the gig is up- refund my entire payment today or we can have an ebay case.? Tara
His response:
On Sunday, August 17, 2014 4:57 AM, Leonard Montuori <montuorimodels@yahoo.com> wrote:

Tara, You have not been a good sport, when you refused to send me photos of yor collection andd live so close to this insaine Boyd Crompton in Texas who has been makeing problems for us on E-Bay stealing our work and claiming its his for 4 years on his Trek works, Galatic Modler 7jewel777 on e-bay stealing our photos getting caught photoshopping them and relisting them, getting caught, we filed over 50 complaints against him and as we thought you are in with him on this matter, E-bay wont do a thing for you with what I did for you twice with a perfect working Model, I checked further into your model and found someone or you must have added aditional power to the 6 volt AC adapter and blew every LED out, thats the only way this can happen, we use resistors unlike Boyd's lighting kits on every LED to avoid any power problems at 6 volt. only adding more power can blow every LED, I had it here the first time running perfect for 3 days before shipping it back, what ever happened was done there, the model was fine when first shipped and then second time, you can report what you want, this never happened with over 500 sales except yours, one of our models doesn't stay lit for 3 days with a problem two times. You will be blocked from bidding, offers, and buying in the future from us.
(No signature )
like i would be dumb enough to buy from him again.
email
I am not perfect, I can't find this hard copy of this email yet :{ I essentially stated ''the purchase was never contingent on ANY pictures. I am going to file complaints to ebay and paypal.
Both EBAY and PAYPAL refuse to assist me as "greater than 45 days." Ebay continues to let montuori models sell on their site and paypal kept his business as well.
Filed with BBB and FBI internet crime.

I have a resting tremor in my hands. My skills suck. I can barely solder. I can't cut a straight line with a paper cutter. I am a disaster when i comes to electronic upgrades. I kill them frequently - gmprops has graciously fixed those . Some aren't fixable. Just ask gmprops how many duplicates of electronic upgrades I have purchased. I trash my models more frequently than finish. I buy the good stuff online cause I can't make them with out damage.
The ships I have come mostly from manufacturers. I have a closet full of enterprise models that have not been touched cause my skills suck. I did make one before the tremor onset
It is no one's business but mine as to what I own.

- - - Updated - - -

I have posted the answers

- - - Updated - - -

I have posted the answers

- - - Updated - - -

It is posted

were I a Klingon and my honor so sullied there would be bat'leths

Regard the posted answer i supplied: Please forgive the misspellings, odd sentences, missing words, andother misdeeds upon the English language - On my honor the mistakes are not intended

- - - Updated - - -

thank you

Re: Caveat emptor Leonard Montuori, Montuori Models montuoriprime111683

Now that's more like it :thumbsup

No worries on this board for posting information that explains from A to Z what went down.

You are not only clarifying to us what happened, but by putting the name in the thread title and details in the post, you made a search for information from members and others who have been, or want to avoid, getting bitten, much easier.

Plus, more importantly, and from the outset, you prevent the bad seller from saying that your 3-sentenced original post is a lie.

There is no defamation here, just evidenced simple truth.

Of course, the bad seller can chime in and give his side of the story, but if you have portrayed the truth, then you have absolutely nothing to be worried about, and the seller would be nuts to say anything. "The dog ate your model, my house flooded, half my family died, tornado took my wife", etc etc, do not go down well here as excuses. We've all seen that, done that, printed & bought the t-shirt :lol

Well, lets be fair guys. He has disclosed the company's name and offense, as well the amount stolen. Different states have different laws concerning disclosure during a federal investigation. This is a modeling forum... not Jerry Springer. If he is uncomfortable disclosing any more information, that is his prerogative.

I think the laws you mention apply to slightly more serious offenses, not the theft of some $300 for a plastic model :lol

No offense Cadeus, but while other boards may frown on 'name & shame' threads, we think of it as protecting our own, and puts real pressure on the perp.

Furthermore, & with absolutely no offense to the OP, a BBB, police, FBI, GotG report will likely not get any results, or his money back.

A truthful, professional and public post like the OP did above, will probably yield much better results, as it harms a reputation. That is not Jerry Springer, it's doing all one can to get one's hard-earned money back from a scumbag who was entrusted to provide a paid-for product.

were I a Klingon and my honor so sullied there would be bat'leths

Personally, I would have gone straight for the bat'leth :lol

Mr Castillo - I cannot tell you how much I appreciate all your recommendations and comments. The fact that you read it actually made me feel a bit better. To date I know of no other person or groups to do so.

Leonard Montuori -Montuori Models - can chime in any time - let him try to explain his actions and emails. He ripped me off and I can barely restrain myself from posting colorful expletives that would adequately describe him and his behavior.

Hmm, I know of at least one site where the seller has apparently contacted an admin about this sale and the OP. Looks like the plot may thicken. And no, I don't have details. Hopefully, the seller can get a chance to post his side of the story...

I think the laws you mention apply to slightly more serious offenses, not the theft of some $300 for a plastic model :lol

No offense Cadeus, but while other boards may frown on 'name & shame' threads, we think of it as protecting our own, and puts real pressure on the perp.

Furthermore, & with absolutely no offense to the OP, a BBB, police, FBI, GotG report will likely not get any results, or his money back.

A truthful, professional and public post like the OP did above, will probably yield much better results, as it harms a reputation. That is not Jerry Springer, it's doing all one can to get one's hard-earned money back from a scumbag who was entrusted to provide a paid-for product. :lol

I am grateful for your attention to my post. Sometimes I misunderstand the intentions of others... a very annoying attribute of Asperger's Syndrome. It seemed to me that people were just ribbing him for details, hence the "jerry Springer" reference. Your explanation has sufficiently relayed your intentions to me, and I realize I have spoken out-of-turn. I understand how this information is necessary now, and I am grateful for your clarification.

MontuoriModels response to Qwavemi

Qwavemi, Leonard C Montuori here MontuoriModels@yahoo.com Montuoriprime111683 & Batman81408@yahoo.com is our sons.We have No AKA's or Aliases just the same name Not a Crime. Your model is available from us for the FBI to inspect or the BBB with every LED blown out as your the one who posted your an electronic murderer. When ALL you had to do was call us or answer our last email without threats. Sorry this is happening We honestly Do Not have TIME for internet DRAMA. PEACE if we can help you in anyway with your trouble over this matter Please let us know Thanks & Good Day

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back