Cast Aluminum Mandalorian helmet!

Touched up and did a coat of clear on it, came out pretty nice.
Not perfect, but been pretty happy with this test. Going to blend it next.
Very nice! There once was a member here, called "Handschaub" who made a series of aluminum cast Jango Fett buckets.
I had also the chance to made some aluminum cast clone trooper helmets. Polished the Commander Gree partial. Aluminum is not so well to grind, but polishing is pretty good.
Was it cold or hot cast? That’s awesome!

Attachments

• 66085F97-128E-491E-A86E-0357049F88F4.jpeg
    66085F97-128E-491E-A86E-0357049F88F4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • CE0BB8EB-EA01-4E48-B64D-2692B51C237C.jpeg
    CE0BB8EB-EA01-4E48-B64D-2692B51C237C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • 90CBDEAE-DE4A-4C2E-A0C0-2DE773329854.jpeg
    90CBDEAE-DE4A-4C2E-A0C0-2DE773329854.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 149

All lost wax hot cast;)
Yours look cool. First thought, aluminum might be a little bit too warm in color, cause the Mando helmet often looks bluish cold, but in some other scenes it looks quite similar. A clearcoat also changes the color a bit.

Fantastic!
I want able to find hardly any other builds like this when I started. But I’ve run into a couple people since who have done it. Need more metal!!
yes, I also didn't find any projects like that when I started back then, but Handschaubs Buckets. That was a reason to document all progress of my helmets here. Just watched through my old Thread an replaced the non-working Photobucket-links with uploads of my photos. Have a look, if you are interested:
Aluminum cast Clone Trooper Helmet

The technic is basically the same as you did, but in that foundry we used plaster mixed with ceramics for the molds. There are some advantages in that, but for precise ans smooth objects, the method with just ceramics, you used is much better.

yes, I also didn't find any projects like that when I started back then, but Handschaubs Buckets. That was a reason to document all progress of my helmets here. Just watched through my old Thread an replaced the non-working Photobucket-links with uploads of my photos. Have a look, if you are interested:
Aluminum cast Clone Trooper Helmet

The technic is basically the same as you did, but in that foundry we used plaster mixed with ceramics for the molds. There are some advantages in that, but for precise ans smooth objects, the method with just ceramics, you used is much better
Those are just so awesome!

How's this coming along? Too cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back