Cardboard box Batman build, DS inspired *PIC HEAVY

Oh crap i just had an idea , have you thought of that rubber in a can spray sealant for this project? it is super cheap and can be found in harmons cosmetics stores , michaels rag shop type places and even some hardware stores now ... it was an as seen on tv so the price is not horrible ... i was thinking of picking some up to fix the bottoms of my favorite sneakers and snow boots that i wear till the soles are gone! lol ... but yeah i think it would work pretty cool for this project

Good news ..... After leaving if set for a day the powder has gone and it's set in

Have started painting the arms which look pretty cool. Need to work on chest, legs and groin/ belt next will keep ya posted cheers

So i did some painting on my arms, here is a demo of how it looks. i will be adding a bat logo to my shoulders just to be a little different, but heres it so far

bat.jpg

bro, ensure to put something on the inside of your cardboard build so when you wear it, perspiration will not soak the cardboard ( i used duct tape on mine)

thanks for the advise guys, has all come to a stop atm waiting on funds to get some elastic and spray paint, prob gonna cost me $50 to finish it, :( but i will soldier on.. once i get elastic and spray paint i should be able to make a solild push forward on this project.

Had some spare cash and managed to buy some more spray paint yesterday. have also built a belt and will be working on the legs now. should be buying some elastic today and material for a cape :)

below is what i have sofar. :)

test fit of parts before painting

bat003-2.jpg

belt after painting

bat004-2.jpg

chest after spray painting :)

bat005-2.jpg

after second coat and shown with belt and helmet.

bat007-2.jpg

please let me know what you think so far

Will post another update soon :cool

well i have managed to find some fabric for a cape and bought a few metres of elastic. i have connected the shoulders/biceps, by elastic over my back so they hold on. with the whole upper body kit on it feels really sturdy, bellow is what it looks like with the upper body on... will start working on legs today. but yeah let me know what you think.

bats001.jpg

bats002.jpg

lol ok so i put everything together, have some more tweaking to do, but as you can see it looks so much better when its darker, which for me is a plus since im wearing it to a party, lol anyway thought id post it , i personly think it looks stupid, but i love it all the same ... cheers

bats.png

Man, YOU ARE A GENIUS! A decent Batman costume just from old cardboard!! I'm still reeling from shock at how cool an idea that is... just fantastic 10/10 - I'm totally gonna use that idea one day

Keep up the good work, and make sure you get photos wearing it at the party so we can see it in action

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back