Captain Americas movie costume details

Originally, I understood this to be a WW2 story. Given the modern design, I'd assume that either these are fake, or that Cap will be in our present time and not just WW2,

i seriously hope that for the captain america movie, its "saving private ryan" with captain america in it. just make the ENTIRE movie in ww2. with him accidentally falling out of a plane or something at the end as its flying over the arctic. THAT would be the most badass movie EVER. to bad it wont happen :(

I support the disign - looks really great and I think it is a great real-world translation from comic to film.
So if I understand things correctly, the military-style suit comes first, then Rodgers changes it to the amped-up version? I wonder if it will be further updated for The Avengers.

It looks like concept art, but I dig it nonetheless. I'm getting even more primed for this movie and cant wait to see what sort of props roll out in the next few years!

i seriously hope that for the captain america movie, its "saving private ryan" with captain america in it. just make the ENTIRE movie in ww2. with him accidentally falling out of a plane or something at the end as its flying over the arctic. THAT would be the most badass movie EVER. to bad it wont happen :(

What makes you think that won't happen? Aside from the fact that it will be PG-13 instead of R like SPR, it can easily end with the missile explosion which is how he got frozen in the comics. A deleted scene in The Incredible Hulk showed a glacier releasing Cap's remains, so the Marvel movie timeline can easily position the discovery of him at the beginning of the Avengers movie. That discovery was the beginning of the Avengers in the comics afterall.

You know, I have to say that I'm more and more excited about the Avengers movie all the time...especially since they've included tid bits in other Marvel movie releases....they appear to be on the right track for all of us fan boys. Guess time will tell

What makes you think that won't happen? Aside from the fact that it will be PG-13 instead of R like SPR, it can easily end with the missile explosion which is how he got frozen in the comics. A deleted scene in The Incredible Hulk showed a glacier releasing Cap's remains, so the Marvel movie timeline can easily position the discovery of him at the beginning of the Avengers movie. That discovery was the beginning of the Avengers in the comics afterall.

becuase they always f it up somehow :lol

Like has been said, if they use this costume in a WW II setting it will be out of place. Seeing that he has a round shield makes me think it's modern if Stark is supposed to be making the shield.

Over all I'm not diggin' it. Some red stripes in the white field and get rid of all the straps I think would be better. Do not like the helmet/cowl or the brown. At least make the brown parts black if you don't want the flashiness of red. Till today I have been really excited about this movie. Hope I change my mind. :cry

if Stark is supposed to be making the shield.

Where did this idea come from? The easter egg in Iron Man? I'm kinda confused about this idea. The Incredible Hulk takes place after Iron Man 2, right? While this is not canon because it is from a deleted scene, Bruce Banner was going to commit suicide before Hulk "stopped" him. An easter egg in that movie showed a frozen Cap become revealed in that scene. How would Tony have been anticipating Captain America's return if his frozen body hadn't been discovered yet?

The Iron Man 2 shield cameo can be explained as a prototype that his father made while he was designing Cap's WWII gear, and this would also mean a round shield in WWII makes sense in movie continuity. Besides shield-throwing is only possible with a round shield and any Captain America fan will want to see shield-throwing no matter what time period he is in. But I wonder if they will ever explain the shield in Iron Man. Any thoughts?

I see some similarities to the Steve Rogers's secret agent outfit that he is currently wearing along with the Ultimate version of Captain America.

Rumor has that there is a PR suit, which will be a nod to the comic book.

Joe Johnston announced that there would indeed be two costumes- the uso one which hopefully fingers crossed will look VERY Kirby, wings ears scales the lot of it, and then once cap gets out onto the field he'll have his own custom version of ww2 army gear, Johnston said that Rogers 'makes' this one himself which leads me to assume that this Isnt the suit from the movie but perhaps concept art of the updated version that he'll be wearing in the avengers/ Just my two cents, but how many of you seen ww2 kits with a hexagonal design on the legs..

Besides shield-throwing is only possible with a round shield and any Captain America fan will want to see shield-throwing no matter what time period he is in.

actually being a cap fan, id rather see the triangle shield in captain american and give him the circle shield in avengers....thats cap.

give him the triangular shield in the cap film, and in the avengers movie have stark give him the new circular shield

becuase they always f it up somehow :lol

Well, the movie is in WWII. That's a fact. Why else would they hire the guy who directed The Rocketeer? Shoot, dude, this info is readily available on the internet. There may be some modern day end caps with Nick Fury or something but the movie tells the story of Steve Rogers signing up for the super soldier program and fighting in WWII.

That fact is what brings about my only concern with that concept art. It looks cool but there's too much texture on the fabric and modern looking hardware. It looks more GI Joe than Band of Brothers. Only the boots scream WWII era to me.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back