Captain America!

Yeah, that's dumb, as is the zipper that has red on the other side of it rather than it just going along a stripe border.

Overall pretty badass, though!

Yeah, I'm a little baffled why they didn't place the zipper on a seam. They could have also colored the zippers, and unless in tight closeup, the camera would mostly never see them.

Hello,

I read your Captain America movie review. I was wondering why the "distraction" in the audience was included in your post. I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion and I do not question somebody's likes/dislikes and it's not my business to comment on someone's personal preferences. I sincerley and truly believe that you didn't intend to offend anyone, but I'm trying to understand if commenting on disabled persons was necessary to specifically point this out since it wasn't inherent of the movie content because the initial part and majority of your review was very thorough pertaining to the movie iteslf. I am also conscious of possibly overreacting and reading too much into this,but I'm just curious the necessity to include this in your review.

We all have been somewhere at sometime where there's been a difficult time watching a movie, a game etc for whatever reason. Another way to approach this could have been through simple omission or perhaps stating that an additional visit to the theater to see the movie simply because it was hard to hear would make it better to appreciate the movie itself.

I am not angry or accusational towards you in any fashion. Although, it does sadden me to actually hear or read what I know others are thinking. If you haven't already guessed, I have someone with special needs in my family, my son. I joined this site because of my interests in comics etc, but also for my son. The times when he's happiest is when we take him to a scifi, comic book movie or when I show him my props (comic cons are big also for him)
I joined this site because I wanted to continue to acquire props (I'm making a prop/tv room for him) and gain valuable advice in making props from the members of this site where I've seen some of incredible things. He has a natural affinity for my interests: sports, comics etc, and also because he is a child like everyone else his age group an enjoys the things that kids do.

I realize that by this site standards I am a "noob" and I have respect for your longtime membership of this site. I have paid my dues...in life...and I'm not the "new guy" in that regard. I sincerely mean this when I say that I'm not angry...just why?

Respectfully
Mark

I saw it to day in Original-D. It was pretty good, but not wow-fabulous. I'd have enjoyed it more if they were fighting actual Nazis and used more true-to-life weapons.

Weaving was good and Hayley Atwell was excellent. Tommy Lee Jones is just always exactly the same.

Chris Evans surprised me with how very good he was. I'm not sure how they did the whole 'skinny steve' thing, but that worked VERY well.

The Cosmic Cube was wasted. In the comics it grants near God-hood. Now it's a battery? Really?

I would have enjoyed it more, but there were a bunch of seriously disabled kids in the cinema who kept moaning and calling out and stuff. They can't help it, but it was really distracting.

I'd rather have zippers than this.

epic-fail-photos-captain-america-cosplay-fail.gif

Totally from left field, but my 10 year old son asked me about Cap's shiled. If the shield was the last of the vibranium, then how did they make the star in the center? All I could say was "good question". It wasn't engraved in as the star appears to be riveted on.

Totally from left field, but my 10 year old son asked me about Cap's shiled. If the shield was the last of the vibranium, then how did they make the star in the center? All I could say was "good question". It wasn't engraved in as the star appears to be riveted on.

captain_america_poster_510.jpg

Doesn't look 'riveted' to me....

Not really digging the new avenger's costume. The shades of colors, the vacuum tightness, the fabric pattern, the zippers, asymmetrical flaps, the gloves and boots and those shoulder things just make it look less like the practical soldier garb from TFA and more like a "costume". :unsure but at least it doesnt look as odd as Thor's does... from what I've seen so far.

Agreed. Not sure I like the new Cap costume either. The old one is utilitarian. This one just looks like a costume. As for Thor, well, I guess that's just how they dress in Asgard.

Well, there's a lot to be nitpicked about the shield.

I'm not a physics expert but, if it's totally vibration free... it shouldn't make a noise what Cap throws it and it shouldn't bounce back to Cap either - right? I'm sure they can come up with some psuedo-scientific explanation for getting the paint on (electrial or chemical), because I don't think regular paint would spray on vibranium, and the scuff marks from the bullets I'm sure are just on the paint - but, they wouldn't really deflect/ricochet like we think bullets work, they'd just hit the shield and drop straight down, right?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back