Captain America Age Of Ultron build FINISHED with PHOTOS from OPENING NIGHT

Clark HD

Hey everyone I'm busy working on my Captain America costume for a few comic cons as well as being asked to attend a few advanced preview screenings with a UK Avengers group for some midnight launches which should be a blast.

Because I don't have the skills to make a costume from scratch I'm simply modding a cosplay sky suit and I thought I'd share my progress.

This week I'll be focusing on finishing my chest and shoulder sculpts ready to cast the rubber pieces from.

Here's the suit so far.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Cheers for looking
Clark HD

Last edited:
Re: Captain America Age Of Ultron build (cosplay sky mod)

Is that the cosplay sky suit pretty much as standard? What's it like for quality? There pics don't do it any just where your photos make it look worth the cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was really wary of the suit before ordering. The fact that I was able to specify not to have the star, stripes or any shield insignia attached was a great bonus they were fantastic to deal with and I couldn't be happier with the suit the jacket may seem a little short but once the trousers and belt are on tight you can't tell. Really looking forward to modding the costume the quality in my opinion is top notch. The belts and harness could do with being redone but right now I don't have the time.

Clark HD

Is it a one off build for them as I can't find the AOU suit on the website? If it is can I have a link? Must be me going mad or something!

Is it a one off build for them as I can't find the AOU suit on the website? If it is can I have a link? Must be me going mad or something!

Appologies the the suit is the standard stealth suit I've added the red and white stripes to it myself, sorry for the confusion.

Added some detailing to the collar and back of the suit. Plus made the masters to cast the rubber chest details from

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh ok! So what material you been using to create red and white stripes? As it looks identical to the navy? Looking very sharp I must admit! It's what I'm planning on doing aswell?

Oh ok! So what material you been using to create red and white stripes? As it looks identical to the navy? Looking very sharp I must admit! It's what I'm planning on doing aswell?

The Red fabric is a polyester/lycra mix stretch fabric, and the white fabric is white nylon very similar to the blue nylon used on the suit.

Looking amazing! Question for ya if you don't mind. What are you using to mod the shoulder harness? Is there a specific brand/color of nylon?

Regards,
Aeric

Looking amazing! Question for ya if you don't mind. What are you using to mod the shoulder harness? Is there a specific brand/color of nylon?

Regards,
Aeric

The faux leather was just darkened using a leather dye and then I added cheap nylon brown 1inch webbing nothing special really.

- - - Updated - - -

So tonight was a lot of trial and error but I managed to get one arm modded with the red and White stripes. Also made a start redesigning the belt buckle using styrene eventually this will replace the current buckle.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Both sleeves are done, hopefully the pigment dye will turn up tomorrow so I can recast the rubber details for the suit and get the chest details finished up.

IMG_1915.JPGIMG_1918.JPGIMG_1920.JPG

Last edited:

The mods look really great! Well done! Can I ask which shield you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The mods look really great! Well done! Can I ask which shield you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The shield is my own I had it spun by a local spinner from CAD drawings I did then cut the star, buckles, brackets and straps myself along with the paint.

Today I cast some of the rubber details for the suit and test fitted my helmet which I plan to turn into the new style.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

All looking really good man! Your helmet, is it your own? And how you doing it? Fibreglass and bondo? Also the factory I work in does steel spinning I'm waiting until they fit the right tool on to have my sheild spun! Haha! Perks of the job! Your rubber pieces are looking very smart, will you be doing a batch of them or just your set as these are top notch!

Captain America Age Of Ultron build (cosplay sky mod)

All very impressive. Thanks for the info on the shield! Looking forward to seeing the final suit.

Thank you, hopefully it turns out looking ok. The helmet I was given from a friend I'm going to dremel and resculpt parts of it. The helmet won't be ready for a con in 2 weeks but i'm hopeful the suit will be close. Last shot for tonight just to show the red arrows on the suit (not attached yet as I still have the blue detailing to do)

image.jpg

Great looking top. The finished product will be awsome.

Thanks for the comments!

I have a con next Saturday 28th so I'm hoping to have all the chest complete and shoulders, along with hopefully the gloves. The trouser stripes have been changed to match the red of the torso but the rubber detailing and half chaps for the boots will have to wait till after the convention!

quick photo of the finished belt.

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also having the arm magnets and knee pads 3D printed but again this won't be till after the convention in time for the premiere!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back