Captain America 4 in the Works

Jaitea

Master Member
6403C65F-A077-4456-A5DC-166D233CC2F0.jpeg

J

Funny you should mention that...

apparently the next Captain America is a Freaky Friday spoof where Falcon and Cap trade bodies after simultaneously wishing to trade places. Watch as the fun unfolds when Hydra can't catch that cantankerous Cap and flying Falcon's flirtin' with the flerken for kin, using the extra-dimensional feline to save the family boat.

I’m interested to see how this works with a TV series. Like will we see the events from TFAWS play out in the movie or another season?

I’m interested to see how this works with a TV series. Like will we see the events from TFAWS play out in the movie or another season?

Its all one story. Each film and Disney+ show is just another chapter in the overall narrative. I've seen a few people talk about this sort of thing and it just confuses me. Why would Marvel differentiate between 2 mediums? That would be the strangest way to tell these stories.

Its all one story. Each film and Disney+ show is just another chapter in the overall narrative. I've seen a few people talk about this sort of thing and it just confuses me. Why would Marvel differentiate between 2 mediums? That would be the strangest way to tell these stories.

Well I guess it can get confusing for the causal viewer. Is this an hour and half movie or a movie broke up into 6 parts? At this point with a lot of films being released on streaming right away, it seems like runtime is the only thing that’s different between a series and film.

I haven't watched the show, but the idea of Anthony Mackie taking the mantle of Captain America is really cool. Whenever I've seen him in interviews he's one of the few Hollywood actors that seems to have his head on straight and one I'd be more than happy to meet if I ever bumped into him at a convention.

On the other hand movie makers have a bad habit of ignoring what happens in TV shows. They may make more of an effort for Disney+ than for the other network shows though. But the likes of Agents Of Shield and Daredevil had things going on which the rest of the Avengers wouldn't ignore, and they didn't bother putting any explanations in the show as for why they didn't show up. Plus more people watch the movies than the shows, so for example they're not going to show Agent Coulson in the movies again after he died since his resurrection would confuse many casual movie fans.

There's no real major contradictions I suppose, and as I said I think the Disney+ shows are going to be much more strongly associated with the films as they're all Disney and not palmed off on some other, ultimately competing network.

There also hasn’t been any truly large development in either of these D+ shows that couldn’t be inferred from the end of Endgame (and that’s okay!). Sam is Cap/has the shield, Buck is cured, Steve is out of the picture. Casual viewers probably won’t be confused when CA4 or whatever next Avengers movie kicks off and that’s the status quo. The value is giving depth to characters that have been second fiddle up to this point.

Didn't Fiege already say that they would not do anything in the tv shows that would require viewers to have to watch them in order to keep up.

I would argue that WandaVision kind of breaks that rule with Monica, but at most it’ll just require audiences to accept new heroes showing up in the movies semi-unexplained or covered by a few lines of exposition

Yeah, with a ridiculous hashtag that looks like a 5 year old came up with it. Fans got the Snyder Cut now they feel entitled to demand whatever they want.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back