Capricorn One

Ahhh, of course, a shard of broken glass stays in the suit no problem but the heater falls out :confused. Nice Stu, i think i know where to get a resin version of that.

Great job getting those pieces together. Count me as another that has fond memories of this film. My parents took me and several friends to see this for my 9th birthday! A crazy thing I remember is that we went to McDonalds after the movie and one of the other kids got a strawberry sundae. His comment was, "this looks like that bloody rattlesnake the guy ate in the movie." How can I remember that all these years later?

Actually I have a funny childhood memory story about that movie too. When I was at school, aged about 10, my teacher came in one day and started telling us all about this fantastic movie he'd seen the night before. He told us all about the mission to mars, how they faked it and were going to kill the guys, how they escaped and were picked off one by one, and how the last one was just about to be captured. The helicopters came for him and cornered him at a petrol station and they were just about to catch him, "when all of a sudden who should appear in his aeroplane and rescue him?" [whole class stares at teacher, completely enthralled by his story] "KOJAK!"

The whole class let out a big "Wow!"

About 3 or 4 years later I was at a friend's house and there was a movie on TV. As I started watching it, I realised this was the movie my teacher had told me about several years before. Of course it all happens just as the teacher says. They fake the Mars landing, they kill the guys off one by one, they close in on the last guy, and then, who appears in his aeroplane and rescues him? That's right! Feckin' KOJAK!

Actually I have a funny childhood memory story about that movie too. When I was at school, aged about 10, my teacher came in one day and started telling us all about this fantastic movie he'd seen the night before. He told us all about the mission to mars, how they faked it and were going to kill the guys, how they escaped and were picked off one by one, and how the last one was just about to be captured. The helicopters came for him and cornered him at a petrol station and they were just about to catch him, "when all of a sudden who should appear in his aeroplane and rescue him?" [whole class stares at teacher, completely enthralled by his story] "KOJAK!"

The whole class let out a big "Wow!"

About 3 or 4 years later I was at a friend's house and there was a movie on TV. As I started watching it, I realised this was the movie my teacher had told me about several years before. Of course it all happens just as the teacher says. They fake the Mars landing, they kill the guys off one by one, they close in on the last guy, and then, who appears in his aeroplane and rescues him? That's right! Feckin' KOJAK!

"Who loves ya baby", and i have to agree, that teacher was a pervert.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back