Limited Run cancelled, Star wars anh chewbacca bowcaster run

trooper

Sr Member
I'm happy to say that the bowcaster is moving along.
you can see my thread here -- The anh chewbacca bowcaster, very accurate !! Kit run

this run will be done in several parts, one to manage better, and two, to keep the cost down into more manageable bites.

the first parts will be the stock which is $250

and second is the bow $165, or prod as it's called in for a crossbow. it is made from 6.5mm aluminum , and machine bent to exact match the real bow. these will be made in around 3 weeks. and will include the washer and bolt if you want it, you need to tell me if you do.

next is the side plates and details
the set will include
1 resin block for the plates to mount to
1 left , 1 right plate
2 flat discs
2 tapered discs
1 rca jack
4 pully discs
1 philmore knob
1 amp knob
1 roland small knob
1 full set of screws
price per set is $146 plus shipping

this project will take some time, possibly up to 2 years to complete. this is NOT a throw together bowcaster, this is and will be, a very thought out and meticulously made kit.

until parts are designed and a prototype is made will I know what the cost per run will be.

anyone who is interested in getting on board with this project needs to do so now, there WILL NOT be a second run at this.

you will need to first pm me your
paypal id
email address
a full mailing address
and full name
any other contact info you wish to give is up to you

please be sure to state weather you need the frame , bow or both so i know what to invoice you for

I will keep that info in a file, and as parts come up you will be notified , it is your choice to purchase or not. at any time you want off this list simply pm me and say "you want off the bowcaster list" and I will remove you. once you order you own the parts, no refunds.

here are some pics

this is where it started

IMG_2357.JPGIMG_2361.JPG
later found out this was a very rare model lol...oops the stock openings were made from the factory

after a year and a half of measurements fiddling, filing, sanding, fiddling...repeat several times. tons of emails back and forth from two very helpful gents here, with out them this simply would not have happened, I cant thank them enough.

Message_1464836004911.jpgMessage_1464836050598.jpgMessage_1464836077084.jpg

IMG_3000.JPGIMG_3002.JPGIMG_3001.JPG

here is the aluminum prod.

IMG_5354[1].JPGIMG_5355[1].JPG

all orders need to be paid by april 20th in order for me to place your order . please contact me if this is an issue

bowcaster run list .........

for frame and prod
1 cyberblock...................... prod..................paid...shipped
2 lonepigeon .....................prod...................paid...shipped
3 mandingalow.................. prod.............. ... paid...shipped
4 Asavage..........................prod..................paid...shipped
5 protocoldroid ..................prod..................paid...shipped
6 russellsch........................prod................. paid...shipped
7 ataru72ita........................prod...frame......paid
8 Mr_Sparkle......................prod..................paid
9 Lycanbacca.....................prod...frame ......paid
10 tomm1999.....................prod...frame .....prod paid
11 BACABreath .................prod..................paid...shipped
12 dandirk...........................prod..frame .....paid
13 Cameron .......................prod................. paid...sjipped
14 Tboy7630..................... .prod...frame.....paid...shipped
15 RhinoActual ..................prod....frame.....paid
16 timw1301 ......................prod....frame ....paid
17 thom ..............................prod .................paid
18 damon5973....................prod..................paid
19 mgoob............................prod....frame.....prod paid
20 seneca...........................prod..................paid...shipped
21 jetsetwilly........................prod....frame....paid
22 vaderman..................................frame....paid......shipped
23 3DImpact.......................prod.....frame.....paid
24 sjanish...........................prod.....frame.....paid.....shipped
25 blindvoyeur................... prod.....frame.....paid
26 newmagathea................prod....frame .....paid
27 roninblade......................prod...................paid
28 hairyloft………………….prod...frame...…paid
29 kitjunky…………………..prod...frame and detail plate set...

If I missed any one please let me know

update 5/9/18

prods should be done by the end of the month :)

..............................update 6/7/18...……………………………………………..

!!!!!!!! prods are here !!!!!

BUT he forgot the bolt washers and did not make the center holes.. I can drill the holes. but we'll be waiting for the washers

here is a pic of a couple of the prods

IMG_5679[1].JPG

................................update 6/20/18...…………………………………………………….

IMG_5870.JPG IMG_5871.JPG IMG_5873.JPG IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG IMG_5877.JPG IMG_5878.JPG IMG_5879.JPGIMG_5880.JPG

and for those who would like a resin kodak knob I can supply that for you until you secure the real one.

I also have a second option im thinking of. the opposite knob on the kodak could have the hollow filled and cast in a mold making it one, so that the detail is in the resin. I will make a mold and see how it works. I have several of those second knobs

IMG_5884[1].JPG

also he the trigger discs ready, I ordered a ton of these to get the price down, so weather your on the list or not I have trigger discs for sale. $35 a set
these measure exactly the same as the vintage ones I have.

IMG_5881.JPG IMG_5882.JPG
in this pic I set the copy next to a vintage one, the vintage is on the right IMG_5883.JPG

*************************************************************************************************************
6/22/18

this morning when I got up I felt the urge to highlight this last part, to make sure that every one knows and understands the options im giving. you do not have to buy the new parts at this time, please simply pm me and tell me you want your current paid order to be shipped, I will send you an invoice for the shipping only.

please, if you have any questions pm me

here are 3 options I can do since these two runs came in so close to each other.

1. I can prepare to ship your current paid order now

2, I can hold on shipping everything until I have the pullies

3, or I can ship everything I have now and ship the pullies when they come in
this way you can start putting it together and go pew pew pew !!! gaaagagagga !

update 9/18/18
---------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so I have fallen behind on getting updates, sorry guys I though I posted this a few weeks back.
the are pullies in stock, they are made to the dimensions of a vintage pully. the machinist did an amazing job!!!!
my pic limit on this post has reached it's limit. please see post #112 for pics
Limited Run - Star wars anh chewbacca bowcaster run

UPDATE 11/5/19
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got off the phone with the machinist who is local to me for the front mount parts for the barrel. I should have an estimate soon, hopefully the next couple days. it's been hard to find a machinist firstly who is actually willing to do these parts, second who will be reasonable on price.
this is the same guy that did the previous parts for me on this run, so im very excited to have him back :)

IMG_2357.JPG

IMG_2361.JPG

Message_1464836004911.jpg

Message_1464836050598.jpg

Message_1464836077084.jpg

IMG_3000.JPG

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_5354[1].JPG

IMG_5355[1].JPG

IMG_5679[1].JPG

IMG_5884[1].JPG

IMG_5870.JPG

IMG_5871.JPG

IMG_5873.JPG

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5876.JPG

IMG_5877.JPG

IMG_5878.JPG

IMG_5879.JPG

IMG_5880.JPG

IMG_5881.JPG

IMG_5882.JPG

IMG_5883.JPG

Last edited:
Wow. excellent work :) do i understand it correctly that this runs can takes two years before we have all the parts?
thank you
possibly, it all depends on how long it takes to have all the parts machined one prototypes are made. such as trigger assy. , scope mount, front barrel mounts, barrel.
it may take less time, but I want to be sure that folks know this is not happening over night. :)
so far the machinist is fast and ready to go when I give him parts, but I'm not going to count on that happening all the time.

I love being a part of this run! The Bowcaster has always been my favorite blaster, since I was 5 or 6 years old. The design was so unique from anything I'd ever seen before. & today there's STILL nothing else like it. Before, I would've been thrilled just to be able to hold one that someone else built (let alone the actual prop) for a few minutes, never thinking I'd be able to own one. & now I'm building mine!
I've been in this run for about 6 months now, & Trooper has been the greatest help to me. I'm hunting as many real parts as I can find, & Trooper has been a great treasure trove of information. I hope I don't bug him too much ;). I have his crossbow frame, & I must say it's stunning. It's casting is very clean & sharp, & it has great weight to it. Putting it to my shoulder, it aims so naturally, I love it. I can't wait to add the prod to it!
So for anyone who has always loved this prop, but never thought they'd be able to own it? Now' your chance!

Last edited:
well ya talked me into it...since I sold my first one to asavage years ago and then really wanted one since...info coming:)

Couple of Q's
- will you be able to supply resin copies of the scopes
- will any of the knobs be real parts or all replicas
- will you be able to provide replicas of the hard-to-find-in-the-US-scope brackets

Couple of Q's
- will you be able to supply resin copies of the scopes
- will any of the knobs be real parts or all replicas
- will you be able to provide replicas of the hard-to-find-in-the-US-scope brackets

I know of a couple people working on metal scopes, that can be a possibilty....resin would be the absolute last resort
real yes, no resin. unless some one wants it. more details on that will come later.
there are a couple options, depending on which is the best way, I will add them into one of the kit runs.

everything will purchasable from me, or I will direct everyone as to where to buy

Depends on final product and price - but in general ... sideplates, some greeblies, frontmount.

Prod could be interesting too, but unfortunately shipping and customs easily brings it´s endprice in a region that is not cost effective anymore for me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back