C3PO bust

what a nice project with a amazing result! :):thumbsup

and may i ask... WHAT PAINT DID YOU USE??? ME WANT TOO!

wow...that's AMAZING! very creative! can paint produce this sort of shine? i thought its only possible through vacuum metallizing :confused

What kind of paint can produce that look? Anything easily affordable and attainable? And WOW... what a concept and execution of the piece... and what kit is that? Not something you see every day. WOW.

Last edited:
hmmm let me find out exact details - I might be mistaken as its big. (that black curve coming out the bottom is off a swivel chair to give you an idea of scale!)

the paint is layered - I think its the gold leaf thats getting the particular effect you're referring to.

I need to get Steve to take a video of it "turned on" - his eyes flicker really nicely!

Sensational piece mate. What I really like about it is that its such a unique spin on the character. If you have more details about it that would be terrific.

Many thanks

Regards

MARK

This piece actually reminds me of a GREAT book I read about the mythology of Star Wars and how Lucas borrowed elements from various stories, including the Wizard of OZ.

While the bust resembles Threepio in the Cloud City scene when Chewie finds him in pieces, ever since the book, EVERY time I see the scene I can hear the Scarecrow yelling, "and then she took my left arm, and threw it over there!"

AND NOW YOU WILL TOO!!!
:lol

lmao - re scarecrow. Its that which I love about it. It would have been really easy to do a nice clean piece, but the fact that Steve has chosen an easily identifiable moment from the film evokes an emotional tie to it. Makes it much more interesting to me.

I'll try and get a video taken asap (even if its on my phone!)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back