Business trouble.

Re: Warning against a armor maker

Find this interesting. Having a dealt with Laws, I have nothing negative personally against him. I think he's a very nice guy. I have to agree though about the wait times.

It's one thing to pay for something, but wait a significant amount of time, however, I know Dan is not the type to rip anyone off. I admit, I started to get a little impatient at one point.

I sure hope that he's able to keep up in the future to help put out his kits, as I love alot of his work, but it's hard to see his rep go negative to people

As mentioned above in the thread, quite accurately, it's the armorer's curse. From your communications, he's both overlogged and burning out. Time to finish standing orders and take a break.

I have to agree! He should full fill the last of his orders, and take a looooong break!

To the author of this thread, who just a mere few days ago, ten to be exact said this in a very positive and supportive email to me:

#1: Feb. 23, 2010 (and I quote) "Hi RJ. Thanks for your positive replys as always. Like your spirit.

#2 Same day & also a quote. "I like Dan a lot, see him as a friend."

The very negative posted comments are quite suprising, as we exchanged 106emails in 70 days, from Dec. 20, 2009 until March 3rd, 2010. Most emails were very positive and full of praise for Dan. Including the email on March 2, when you said that you would wait until April for Dan's armor. Or the email on Feb. 1st when you asked to pay for 4 more helmets.

There were two definite truthful facts in the comments.

#1 I am a girl.
#2 I am a friend of Dan's.

I am also a huge fan of Dan's, armor, other armor makers, forums, forum creators and ice cream, just like I thought that you were. This is all very surprising. I must also say that I harbor no ill will towards you, at all. In fact, I wish you and your family the very best. Truly. I respect your deep passion, love and devotion to armor over all of these years. How could I not? I also recall on Feb. 5th, 2010 that (another direct quote) you "hate forum drama and blowups and anger." That is why this thread is so much more puzzling.

I cannot condone disrespecting a forum, it's members and creators with any negative slander that remarkably just appears after a full refund went into your bank account. I know that you were really counting on Dan's armor, since you were so full of praise and utter patience for his armor. I thank you for those things. And I feel very deeply saddened that possibly by receiving a full refund versus a partial refund, like you requested, that perhaps it spawned your hand in creating the one thing that you said you hated, "forum drama and blowups and anger." I sincerely apologize that anyone feels truly compelled to douse forum members, who come here for great info about all kinds of fantastic armor, with any kind of negative cloud or unworthy warnings.

Again I genuinely wish you and your family well, as I have come to know you all so well, via lengthy personal emails and wonderful family pictures.

I´m sorry to say it.
But here you can all see it, that RJ just say a lot bla bal...
Nothing to do whit armor business.
We are customers, we buy, we want armor, not personal chit chat about ice cream etc.
Hold you dates, like every other business out there.
No matter if you sell tyres, cars, armors what ever!
Cheers

Dan broke all our agreed dead lines, so around 8 month ago.
I ask him to ship out the helmets, so i could start assemble them.
After a few month i ship them out...
They was just in a box, not protect air plastic etc.
There was nothing to assemble them whit like:
Green film, rubber bow, under rubber strap, mic tips, screws, stickers etc.
And they was very bad pulls.
Check it out :rolleyes:
GetAttachment-12aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-11aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-9aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-8aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-7aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-5aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-3aspx.jpg

When i get the refund it was not a full refund, but minus these flaw helmet kits.
Heres a few more pics...
P3059163.jpg

GetAttachment-10aspx.jpg

GetAttachment-11aspx.jpg

Aside the issues we had in the past Rolf, this is just jaw dropping. Why the h... is this guy still in business? just mind blowing. Hope you get sorted soon, as no one needs this kind of trouble. I hope this will, either serve as a wakeup call for him, or shuts him down.

Aside the issues we had in the past Rolf, this is just jaw dropping. Why the h... is this guy still in business? just mind blowing. Hope you get sorted soon, as no one needs this kind of trouble. I hope this will, either serve as a wakeup call for him, or shuts him down.

Thanks old buddy.
Yeah this is not a topic about me, as i post in the start.
But a topic trying to protect other buyers, from dealing whit him.
Copy that all the way.
I also hope this will be he´s wake up call, or if not... shut down he´s business.
Cheers

Thanks old buddy.
Yeah this is not a topic about me, as i post in the start.
But a topic trying to protect other buyers, from dealing whit him.
Copy that all the way.
I also hope this will be he´s wake up call, or if not... shut down he´s business.
Cheers

We have to catch up some day :cool

I do. And you made a pretty broad sweeping statement based on this complaint, which doesn't help.

As I see it, it's just not one complaint. It looks like several people have orders out to hang. Sorry if it rubs you the wrong way, but it's seen before, it is a all to familiar pattern. Orders not getting out, money taken for something that isn't in hand, poor or bad communication, "dealers" getting swamped, and looses control. In the end allot of people are out of their hard earned money, and the hobby gets another bad blow. There is really no excuse for this. It is a good thing to warn against this IMHO.

As I don't see him going anywhere, what with all the HAPPY customers, I won't give it a second thought.

As I don't see him going anywhere, what with all the HAPPY customers, I won't give it a second thought.

Well, that was then, this is now.
Can you honestly say, that it will get better soon, and all currant buyers with missing armor will be as happy as the ones you mention, any time soon? I honestly hope so, as it will be another bad label on the hobby, if he don't.

Sad. Hopefully dan can chime in and let us know what's going on.

We have to catch up some day :cool

Copy that.
Hope to see you in our garrison some day again too.
Hope all is good where you are.
Cheers.

Back to the topic.
I have heard that the DL helmet should be from a 3D scan, of the ANH screen used Dave M helmet:
how_clip_image001-1.jpg

DaveMANH01.jpg

But looking at the helmet, i don´t think they look a like?
Its looks more like the old HDPE TE helmet i think:
P4275238_2.jpg

Cheers

Back to the topic.
I have heard that the DL helmet should be from a 3D scan, of the ANH screen used Dave M helmet:

But looking at the helmet, i don´t think they look a like?
Its looks more like the old HDPE TE helmet i think:

Cheers
The HDPE helmet is from the Dave M scan.

Last edited:

What I am reading here seems to boil down to the fact that in your case, Laws has provided poor customer service.

The products you ordered were never really available and the products you actually received were not the quality you expected. But, you did receive a refund for product you did not get.

Is that correct?
I am still not sure what you are looking for.

It is implied that you hope to improve his customer service by this thread and as you stated, to “warn” the rest of us. Is there more? I worry because these “warning” threads sometimes veer off topic of the actual facts of the case.

Will Laws give you a refund for the poor quality product? Do you want a refund?

Maybe I missed that part of your post. It was certainly implied.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back