Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Having seen the Original at the SW:WSMI (Where Science Meet Imagination) Exhibit, I wish I still had the pictures but I lost some files somewhere and now the only ones left are to blurry to see clearly :(
this is Really amazing and I hope you contiue this project so we can see this amazing piece of art that you have there

Eagles Wow!!!! :eek:
I just read all 21 pgs of this build awesome work ya done so far that cockpit cone an windows look great love your skillset brah subbed keep up th' good work. :p:cool:
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Wow great update you get a sense of size in the pic
where your holding it!:thumbsup I don't think I would
have a place big enough to keep a Falcon this size......
so I will let you keep it!:lol:thumbsup

Thanks mate, I don't really have the room either, but I'll squeeze her in no matter what:lol.

Having seen the Original at the SW:WSMI (Where Science Meet Imagination) Exhibit, I wish I still had the pictures but I lost some files somewhere and now the only ones left are to blurry to see clearly :(
this is Really amazing and I hope you contiue this project so we can see this amazing piece of art that you have there

Thanks, glad you like the progress so far, no stopping now, I'm in too deep:lol

Eagles Wow!!!! :eek:
I just read all 21 pgs of this build awesome work ya done so far that cockpit cone an windows look great love your skillset brah subbed keep up th' good work. :p:cool:

Many thanks

Well here's the Cockpit cone with all the underside plating & T-section window framing in place. This part really came to life after adding these details. Just 2 kit parts need to be placed on the underside, one of which I'm not certain to it's donor as yet.
The T-section strips were a real, how shall I say it, test, to cut right & place ok. I ended up doing all the long strips first, then adding the smaller ones last. These smaller ones are actually harder to cut just right, as they all needed to be just the right size to butt up to the long ones & have to be pre-bent in both directions to get a good joint & not be struggling to hold while glueing. Also each corner is mitred, most at a 45 degree angle on both long/short strips:wacko

I made a quick jig out of styrene to sand the 45 degree angle on the strips for a better fit, worked ok.

Studying the actual cockpit ref, I noticed the T-section strips were a mix of mitred & butt joints, some quite noticeably butt joints. I decided to try & be neater & go for all mitred. The difference is minimal, but the end result looks fairly identical.

I'll be working on the cockpit tube itself now, so is coming together gradually.

Stu

Attachments

• DSCF1970.JPG
    DSCF1970.JPG
    734.1 KB · Views: 472
  • DSCF1973.JPG
    DSCF1973.JPG
    747.5 KB · Views: 493
  • DSCF1975.JPG
    DSCF1975.JPG
    749.5 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:
Iv'e got the Bandai 1/15th Stug part in place Craig, but I'm looking for the part that sits between the Stug & King/Jagdtiger brace kit part. Oh yeah, I have the King & Jagdtiger kits.
I'm thinking possibly Tamiya F1 but haven't spotted it yet.
Stu

Great work brah lovin' th' styrene jig very inventive thinkin' keep up th' great work. :p:thumbup:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

Cheers mate, I always thought the cockpit was a wonderful design & intrically constructed by the ILMer's. I tend to look now on the Falcon as a mass of subassemblies or small models themselves, all brought together as a whole, the cockpit being one such subassembly.

Wow, that looks awesome, Stu! It looks spot on! It must feel just like how the original ILMers felt building that cockpit.

Many thankyou's my friend!. If they were cussing & screaming while building it, then yeah, I felt just like them at times:lol

Great work brah lovin' th' styrene jig very inventive thinkin' keep up th' great work. :p:thumbup:

Thanks again dude!

Stu, that is the COOLEST thing I have seen on this forum, ever.

Wow, thanks Jason, glad you like mate. :$
Means alot to get all the positive feedback from everyone.

Wow Stu, just catching up with this thread. You have sooo totally nailed that cockpit

Nice going mate. I'm very jealous now...

Nick

Owwwww...my jaw just hit the floor. This is gonna be epic on a biblical scale

Thanks, I hope your jaw's ok mate:lol

Mate all the work you put into the cockpit has payed off, That looks SAWEEET

Many thankyou's mate, seems an age ago I actually started the cone, finally got there:rolleyes

Wow Stu, just catching up with this thread. You have sooo totally nailed that cockpit

Nice going mate. I'm very jealous now...

Nick

Cheers Nick, I feel I got it pretty darn close to the actual miniature, especially with all the great feedback from folks.

Careful, jealousy leads to the darkside mate:lol

Actually Nick, it's all your fault for starting the ID thread which got me into building this thing, but dude, you have my gratitude, it's going to be one heck of a ride:)

Delectable, divine, ravishing...

Cockpit perfection city.

Thanks, very much appreciated.

I can already tell this build is going to be awesome!

Cheers, so far so good:lol

Thanks.

I've pretty much been working on getting the whole ship dimensions ready to a stage where I can start on the hull very soon. I want a 'blank' Falcon sitting in front of me, before I start adding the donor kit parts. Very close now, but it takes an age, laying out the donors of the various area's and making sure they fit with all the other area's. Nothing more done on the cockpit as such, I want that placed on the Falcon proper, before I detail it out.
I have all the internal armature planned out now, so that's half the job & researched all materials needed, which I can get here locally.
Kit collecting never ceases, now having over two thirds of the known donors.
I tell you, I could have bought a real Falcon (a Ford Falcon) for the price of these kits, it's scary territory for sure!.
Stu

Hey Stu,

Well I just got caught up on this Thread...great work!
I'll take a few "pages out of your book" from this build.
I can't wait to see pictures of the next phase of the project

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back