Buffy's Doublemeat Palace font identification

DarthKaal

DMP.png

Hi there!
I love recreating logos from movies, especially of fictional brands, and having just rewatched Buffy, I've been interested in reproducing the Doublemeat Palace logo.

To have the more details possible, I've made a screenshot from the 1080p version from Amazon, but unfortunately, every shot that has visual effects are just upscaled (I imagine that is because visual effects have been made for standard resolutions back then). And this is one of them.
That said, it still has a lot more details anyway that the DVD version.

So, the "DMP" part seems to be Fedora font, but I can't identify "Home of the" and "DOUBLEMEAT MEDLEY". At this point, I'm not even sure if both lines are in the same font. I've tried every font identification tools on the web (WhatTheFont, Matcherator, Identifont...) but with no success so far.

I could use another font, in a similar style, but my screen accuracy OCD need wouldn't be happy. :)

If anyone is able to identify this (those) font(s), it would a great help.
Or if anyone has detailed photos of original Doublemeat Palace props used on the show, I could be able to recreate the text.

Last edited:
Juan, the "M" doesn't match Adventure but seems to match Fedora.
As for WhatTheFont, as I was saying I already tried all the font identifiers on the web but I did not find the right font.

Dietrich, Hamburger Heaven is a nice find, thanks a lot. It isn't the right font but it has the right spirit. I might use this one if I don't find the exact match.

Any help from fellow typo-maniacs?

Last edited:
For some reason I'm thinking that font is called Hotrod.
edit: Just had a look through my fonts, I can't find it so that might not be accurate.

Try this site:
Tack-O-Rama :: Retro resources for designers
Tack-O-Rama is a great resource for retro fonts and things like that.

Disclaimer, I haven't been to Tack-O-Rama in years as they were offline for a while so I have no idea if they still have the extensive library of retro fonts they once had.
Hope that helps.

TJ: HotRod is not the exact one but is really pretty close indeed.
And the Tack-O-Rama is a great website, I did not know about it, thanks a lot. :)
I'll see in details what they have but they have some very close fonts, maybe the right one is in here somewhere.

For now, I've made one reproduction of the logo with a font that is not even close to the original but looks quite good for a fast food logo. I'll make a more accurate one when I find a font that both look like the original and is also pleasing for the eye.

buffy-dmp.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back