Interest Buck Rogers "To Kill a City" Blaster...

I’m interested in the buck blaster first season for my collection. will it light up and make a noise?

Attachments

• F631DD71-50BD-46B7-B1DE-C3BBE0433625.jpeg
    F631DD71-50BD-46B7-B1DE-C3BBE0433625.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 86
I’m interested in the buck blaster first season for my collection. will it light up and make a noise?
It will be hollow and ready for electronics if you wish to add them. Something like a Blastercore or similar would have absolutely no problem fitting in there. The thing is HUGE by most hand-blaster standards!

Nice collection!

Just to add:
A fellow RPFer (who may choose to make himself known if he wants) has graciously given me accurate measurements and photos of a real blaster. So size-wise it'll be pretty spot on!

Put me at the top of the interest list!!!
For the Earth Directorate? (Maybe I should start a separate thread for that one, haha.)

Should have a first print of the shell soon... maybe in a few days!

1598833725405.png

Basic shapes are all in place, just need to tweak the details, soften edges, split into suitable pieces and hollow it all out. Just about every screen-used blaster is different in some major ways, so I have to to kind of a mix of them all to get the look right.

Aaaalmost ready for a test print! Preliminary calculations are telling me that this thing is going to take more resin than any blaster-type piece I've printed thus far. Looks like it will be done in 5 interlocking parts (Emitter, barrel, midsection, receiver/grip and battery plate.)

1599354830177.png

Still undecided on whether or not to model the "crosshairs" on the sides of the cylinder in the back, into the actual model or not. (On the prop, they are just piece of tape, but as I'm going for an idealized version, it might be cooler to have them in the physical model.

I assume the front emitter will be clear?
It will indeed!

These are straight off the printer, out of the alcohol bath and post-curing. The resin is crystal-clear, but the alcohol bath frosts it over. So they can either be polished or sprayed with a clear coat to make them clear as glass. (The screen blasters seem to have frosted emitters though, probably because it transfers any light from electronics better. So I will just go over these with some 2000 grit to get an even, frosted finish I think.)
1599436490143.png

Here's a comparison shot from my ray-gun thread:
The BR derringer is just sanded to an even frosting (also sprayed with matte clear) and the two ray gun barrels have been sprayed with a gloss clear.
1599436906207.png

I have the first piece test-printing of the body right now (the grip). Each one of these will take around 2 days in the machine to print, not counting post-processing!

The grip printed wonderfully. Fricken thing is HUGE. I have the rest of the blaster in the printer right now. Pictures of all the parts coming tomorrow. Still crunching the numbers, it's hovering around the 400-mark due to the print time and material usage, but the first few that commit will get a kit for less than later signups.

Here's a sneak preview (parts will come cleaned of supports of course):
1599519103471.png

Nice work! I’m briefly taken back in time, jammies, cereal, and maybe a TV tray.

How the heck did you model that texture! I’ve been playing with wood geometry with intermittent success. This is gorgeous!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back