BTTF - Doc's power coupling

Redbeard

Hi.
Over at www.propschmiede.de our new german prop forum we were talking about the power coupling Doc trys to connect on the clock to catch the lightning. The question is if it is a found object from the fivetys oder a made object. If it is found can someone provide us with information about the manufacurer and about what we should look for if we would want to buy such a coupling.

Here is the link to the original thread. http://www.propschmiede.de/viewtopic.php?t=31

Regards,
Redbeard

Well it deffinatly looks like a found object, almost looks like you can make out an egal on the big black part, the "female" end. I'd say look around industrial electric suppliers, maybe even email a few with a picture of the part and see if they can help. Interesting prop though.

Found object...

Mole Richardson DC plug and receptacle... Used for vintage studio lighting. No longer used in the US due to safety standards.

-Gary

I have bought this item (both male and female) direct from Mole Richardson as Gary says.- Brand new item still for sales in Hollywood CA. I have a quotation and part number for anyone interested. Just PM me or email me to daniel.simonleyva@geagroup.com. I can forward the quote and contact names in MR.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back