BSG/NG Flight Jacket

Wakal

Sr Member
My friend Bill was bored last week, and decided to paint a bit on one of his A2 jackets. He hasn't decided on the verbiage for the back yet...either "Semper Viper" or "Viper II: Not Your Father's Viper" :)

BSG_viperjacket_1.jpg

BSG_viperjacket_2.jpg

Alex

i love it. :)
personally, i'd go with "Fight em' till ya can't." for the back, since it was a slogan from the series....

Originally posted by UFO@Mar 12 2006, 02:05 PM
i love it. :)
personally, i'd go with "Fight em' till ya can't." for the back, since it was a slogan from the series....
[snapback]1204164[/snapback]​
I second that.

Jacket painting tips:

Materials: lacquer thinner for prepping the leather and Cova Dye acrylic leather paints (available at any leather store). Regular artistsÂ’ acrylics (and even Model Master Acrylics) can be used if this is just a piece youÂ’re going to hang on a wall, but the Cova Dye paints are absolutely indispensable for a wearable jacket. This is due to their toughness and flexibility after drying.

PRECISELY define the area to be painted (i.e., make a full-sized cut-out of the EXACT shape and trace it on the leather with a Sharpie pen).

Using a lint-free cloth (like an old tube sock), clean that precisely-defined area with lacquer thinner. Get your cloth good and sopping wet with the thinner; the idea is to de-glaze the surface and also remove any residual dye and oils from the leather.

Paint the entire area white. Start with a thin/watery coat and let dry, then add a second for opacity. This will give you a blank canvas to work on.

Paint your design.

You can leave your finished painting as-is; clear-coating isnÂ’t necessary.

A

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back