Braveheart arm bracer prop -wip

chuckyAPP

Sr Member
Hi everyone, Im working a full scale torso of braveheart , this was one of the last pieces I need to complete, its almost done. I used Galvanized washers and waxed thread. I bought a brown deer skin off ebay, made a template and sewed up the edged. i then threaded the washers together using braided wax thread then hot glued it all onto the deerskin. Then I sewed some of the washers in place directly though the deerskin, this is a WIP so Im not completely done with the sewing and I hate sewing- especially through leather. Need to clean up some of the hot glue that squeezed through and get steel eyelets so I can lace it closed. Also a little weathering needs doing.

This is a photo capture from the movie:
IMG_4538-1.jpg
[/IMG]

This is my prop replica:
IMG_4646.jpg
[/IMG]

Have you done the rest of the armor? Tedious work. I used little cut pieces of leather and about a million pop rivets.
Nice work BTW!

Thanks Joe, you are better than I am, I bought the armour. i couldnt find the bracer so I had to make it and this small piece was very tedious to do, could never imagine doin the vest armour. i would love to see a pic of yours.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back