Bradberry00's Prop Builds: UPDATE — E-11 DONE!

Absolutely fantastic update!

When David was questioning picking it up, I told him if he didn’t I would. Problem solved, he bought it and it looks awesome.

That's true....pretty much all it took to convince me. As always, thanks for taking the time to chat Christopher!

Finally got a MPP Flash to complete my A New Hope Lightsaber collection!!!! It isn't perfect and has the two step shroud, bit its mine and I couldn't be happier! This will be built as the V2 Vader Lightsaber....that is if I can find the elusive large LED Exactra...

I want to thank teecrooz once again! He was kind enough to sell me one of his MPPs from his collection (and very patiently allowed me to pay in installments).

Here are the photos:

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Nice! That's pretty much the EXACT setup that I use to have, Crown Graphic and all! Though there's something on top of your rangefinder that I don't recognize.

Sold the camera long ago!

I'm just in awe of your collection. Not at all jealous! :D

Thank you! It truly is a labor of love. I am honestly surprised I have been able to find some of these things, without certain members of this community it wouldn't have been possible.

I found these photos while looking through some files on the computer....another piece I had to sell to realize the dream of a real parts Obi-Wan Lightsaber. This is an Anakin Starkiller ROTJ V2 kit that I painted/weathered/assembled awhile back. Someday I might need to get another V2...it is such a cool lightsaber, and has such a great connection to the Obi-Wan Lightsaber.

lukev21.jpg

lukev22.jpg

About a year ago I made a random post in the WTB section of this forum mentioning I want to start looking for parts to build an Obi-Wan Kenobi real parts lightsaber. Full disclosure, I never thought it would happen. It seemed vastly too expensive and even more difficult to source. But thanks to some very generous members of the community, some lucky finds, and a credit card.....I have finally received the last piece, a Browning .303 booster and flash hider!! (Thank you mugatu :cool: ). I will get the nice camera out and take some glamour shots soonish.

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1879.jpg

Thank you! In all honesty, my love for history is what has gotten me this deep into these props. There is a certain amount of 'aura' these props have. For example, the Obi-Wan 'saber, parts that span several decades and that represent three wars/conflicts....crazy stuff.
What a great point about having a love of history and feeling a special connection with original trilogy Star Wars props and the Obi-Wan lightsaber in particular. Well said! I completely agree with that sentiment.

Thank you! In all honesty, my love for history is what has gotten me this deep into these props. There is a certain amount of 'aura' these props have. For example, the Obi-Wan 'saber, parts that span several decades and that represent three wars/conflicts....crazy stuff.

Couldn't say it better myself! Every time i set out on a new part i would dive into the history of it. Theres so much more to them than just a prop. They have seen a lot of action. One of our graflexs could have flashed a pic of JFK. And yeah the obi wan heh. The holy grail of props. Thats time and dedication. Your obi is lookin pretty sexy. And thats a nice booster. Your obi is gonna be bada$$. Thanks for sharing your awesome collection.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back