Boondock Saints Sunglasses?

Cinder2007

Does anybody have any idea what brand of glasses these are?

images

photo-Les-Anges-de-Boston-2-The-Boondock-Saints-II-All-Saints-Day-2009-3.jpg

boondock_saints.jpg

Much appreciated!

Looking at a very large pic of Murphy I'm betting on an older Ray Ban Predator 2, exactly like the original MIB glasses. Unfortunately they don't make the exact finish that's correct for this one and the MIB anymore. Now they're either all matte or all glossy. The older ones from when RB was owned by Bausch and Lomb, not Luxottica, were glossy on the top bar and temples, and matte on the bottom. Don't know if that matters to you or not. The new ones will pretty much be the same except for that.

Judging by shape, Connor's appear to be the same although I can't find a great pic.

Ebay is your best bet to get the exact one. There is an NOS pair on there right now that's not way too much more than current retail.

Pics.

murphy.jpg

eBayImageHostingatwwwauctiva.jpg

connor.jpg

Appears they're wearing the newer solid matte frame in the new movie.

mehro3460.jpg

ray-ban-2027-sunglasses-601-W1.jpg

And if you want to remove the RB logo from the lens, here's what I have done to my Clubmasters and Caravans. I hate bold logos. This is quoted from a post I made at Filmjackets.com.

Kittlemeier said:
This post is for really picky people who don't like change or being a walking advertisement.

So I've wanted a pair of Clubmaster style glasses for a couple of decades or so, at least since Mr. Orange wore them, but they never quite fit me back then. I guess adult spread has helped in some ways.

Unfortunately, I HATE brand logos all over anything that I wear, and the RayBan Clubmaster has a lens logo that didn't agree with me. Not as bad as the lens and temple logos they put on Wayfarers but still annoying. I decided to go ahead and order anyway.

So I got them, wore them all weekend, and just couldn't deal with it anymore. Started looking online for a solution. Pretty much everyone mentioned alcohol, acetone, or some other chemical. If they were metal frames that wouldn't be a big deal but I didn't want to risk the finish on the plastic part of the glasses.

Finally ran across a site that mentioned using a penny. Sounds crazy but it's kinda like a pumice stone on porcelain. The copper is softer than the glass lens but harder than the paint they use for the logo. I tried it and it works perfectly. Glides right across the glass and chips up the paint right away.

Warning, only use this if you are sure your lenses are glass with no coatings. I don't think it would be too good for plastic lenses and I doubt it would be good for mirrors or water shedding coatings. It's perfect for anyone wanting a classic RayBan look for their Clubmasters, Wayfarers, or Aviators though.

The results.
IMG_3150.jpg

From
MOCTORGN.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back